• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

QB Going Forward

I know it's been said, but we'd be 7-2 or 8-1, at very WORST 6-3 with average QB play this year. No way we lose Duke, GT or most likely Clemson with average to above average QB play. Such a shame.

Side note, I talked to a trainer recently that feels confident we will bring our top talent back next year and won't have to be too concerned about leaving anyone of great importance to the portal, especially on defense. So, that's promising.
Based on...? An incoming former 4* QB?

I know it's been said, but we'd be 7-2 or 8-1, at very WORST 6-3 with average QB play this year. No way we lose Duke, GT or most likely Clemson with average to above average QB play. Such a shame.

Side note, I talked to a trainer recently that feels confident we will bring our top talent back next year and won't have to be too concerned about leaving anyone of great importance to the portal, especially on defense. So, that's promising.
What else is somebody that close to the team going to say? I'll believe it when I see them all suit up next fall. Pretty crazy IMO to think we won't have quite a few departures. We always like to think Wake's a special enough place that kids will stay because they want to be at Wake and nowhere else. Those days are over for good. Follow the money.

I don’t see how you can predict anything at this point. We don’t know what offers will come to our guys.

What else is somebody that close to the team going to say? I'll believe it when I see them all suit up next fall. Pretty crazy IMO to think we won't have quite a few departures. We always like to think Wake's a special enough place that kids will stay because they want to be at Wake and nowhere else. Those days are over for good. Follow the money.
In a weird way we’ve been SO BAD that I’m not sure guys like Grimes, Mays, Key, etc. have enough tape for people to try and poach them. I’m worried about Claiborne tho.

Clawson reads the board, exhibit F

Clawson: “No. Practice is different. You don’t want to go live with your quarterbacks, because it’s the one position that can’t protect itself. Games are live. You just start thinking on how we can better prepare our quarterbacks for live games. They go through spring practice and fall camp, and nobody is allowed to hit them. I’ve always struggled with that, to get them ready.

I'll admit that I felt OK about Griffis having seen him playing in the games he played in last year. I don't remember him looking as bad as he has this year? Do others?

ND just lost to Clemson with Sam Hartman and a much better supporting cast than we have at WFU.

I'm sure that is true about supporting cast but I watched the last 10 minutes of the ND-Clemson game and the ND o-line was giving Sam about the same amount of time (little) as Griffis was getting - surprisingly poor as I viewed it.

ND does not have a better WR corps than Wake.
Okay fine. Every other position group is head and shoulders above Wake’s, especially the whole defense, both sides of the line, running back, and obviously QB.

My point is that ND is better than Wake, has a better QB than Wake and still lost to Clemson. You will soon see how much better ND is than Wake.

Okay fine. Every other position group is head and shoulders above Wake’s, especially the whole defense, both sides of the line, running back, and obviously QB.

My point is that ND is better than Wake, has a better QB than Wake and still lost to Clemson. You will soon see how much better ND is than Wake.
Yeah but on the day we played Clemson, we pretty clearly would have won that game with average quarterback play. Which was the point of the initial post anyway. Maybe we still lose 8/10 games with average quarterbacking. But that game was ours to win.

I realize ND is supposedly better than Wake and certainly has better rated talent, but watching that game their line play didn't look very good and their receivers literally suck.

Back