• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Salmon vs. Tuna

Which is better?

• Total voters
They are awesome. Nori, thin layer of sushi rice, then sushi filling, rolled up like a big burrito. They're not cheap (about $10), but when you realize you got that much sushi for that little money, it's a steal.

No joke. I was thinking $15-20. Makes me want to go to one of my sushi joints and force them to make me one.

Last edited:
Not so fast. Looks like there is a place downtown that sells sushi burritos for $8.95. The salmon, escolar, masago, and avocado Alaskan Roll looks particularly good.

hmm the place down the street from me has them. I liked it the one time we went but my roommates didn't seem to like it as much as I did. Guess this will be an excuse to give it another shot.

Med Rare Cedar Plank King Salmon > Rare Tuna > Any other Salmon or preparation

Wow, sushi burrito looks epic.

it does remind me of the first time I ate sushi though, the pieces seemed so big that I tried to bite them in half but the seaweed was tough to bite through. Seems like it could be a problem with the burrito, though some in my google image results look to be wrapped in something else.

The ahi tuna at bonefish is the tits. Definitely prefer raw tuna over any preparation of salmon.

ahi tuna from bonefish is great with ranch dressing.

where should i get a sushi burrito in sf, bdz?

Doesn't appear that the Sushi burrito has made it to ATX yet. Damn. That would of been a great lunch.

sushiritto downtown. there are like three of them.

looking at menu. NOM NOM NOM.

which one to get?

Geisha’s Kiss $10.50
Yellowfin Tuna (Hand-Line Caught), Tamago, Piquillo Peppers, Yuzu Tobiko, Lotus Chips, Namasu Cucumber, Butter Lettuce, Avocado, Green Onions
Sesame White Soya
Salmon Samba $9.50
Agave-Soy King Salmon (British Columbia), Tempura Asparagus, Namasu Cucumber, Butter Lettuce, Avocado, Pepitas, Green Onions, Wasabi Dust
Teri-Mayonesa

welp, follow the tag.

Does the Least Coast have sushi burritos yet? That's going to blow your mind whenever they trickle out there.

Palma, where is that market?

It looks just like a larger temaki roll, which is shaped like an ice cream cone wrapped in nori that is usually served towards the end of sushi meals. I know for me personally, its just a bit too filling at the end of sushi meals to me, so I've never been a big fan, but looking at pictures of that, that really looks grossly large. I couldn't eat that much of the same filling.

I don't disagree with you Phan, but if you're in a college town on a budget it's serviceable.

looking at menu. NOM NOM NOM.

which one to get?

I like the tuna one. It's no bonefish tuna, but it's good.

Palma, there's more filling in a sushi burrito than a hand roll, and they put enough stuff in there -- a la a burrito -- that you've got a real mix of flavors.

Back