• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Rory trying to chase down a Scot over the last three holes in the Scottish Open and this is available on CBS sports website instead of live tv. Way to go PGA

Cash that Rory 13-1 ticket. Never in doubt! Also hit dead heat on Conners top 20 and Bjork top 40 (although he missed a four footer on his last for a full payout). Time to roll it over to Hoylake baby.

Incredible finish. Rory made up 2.9 strokes on the field going birdie birdie 17-18 to win it.
Crazy that he missed the easy look on 16 (par 5) and then went birdie, birdie on those two holes to finish it off. MacIntyre's approach on18 was on of the sickest shots I have ever seen. After that horrific drive, he was incredibly lucky though to have a lie where he could put a wood on it.

I'd kill for a shot tracer on that.
You could tall from the slo-mo replay how low that shot was. Great play by MacIntyre. Then Rory hits 2 incredible iron shots into 17 and 18. CBS did get a shot tracer on that 2 iron, and that was cool.

Links golf is so much more fun to watch when you introduce the elements. 6, the short, skinny short par 3, was so different with the wind. I did a youtube flyover of Hoylake, and it looks great. 17 is an entirely new 135 yard skinny par 3 a bit similar to 6.

Numbers, yeah, Rory has historically struggled with the wind on tour, which I always attributed it due to his high ball flight. But he played well down the stretch today. He's always been good with rain. All 4 of his major wins were on wettish courses.

That was a great putt that Curry hit in the Tahoe celebrity tournament on #18 for a walk-off eagle to win, but the "fan" who yelled in Mardy Fish's downswing on the 18th tee, causing him to hit a bad drive into the trees, is a grade-A jackass.

That was a great putt that Curry hit in the Tahoe celebrity tournament on #18 for a walk-off eagle to win, but the "fan" who yelled in Mardy Fish's downswing on the 18th tee, causing him to hit a bad drive into the trees, is a grade-A jackass.
Just curious what he yelled, i.e. was it "get in the hole", "you da man", babba-booey", "mashed potatoes", etc.
But yeah, that guy and everybody like him are the worst.

Just curious what he yelled, i.e. was it "get in the hole", "you da man", babba-booey", "mashed potatoes", etc.
But yeah, that guy and everybody like him are the worst.
No, just sounded like a well-timed scream right in the middle of his downswing, none of those annoying phrases you often hear on the golf telecasts. Particularly uncomfortable since about 20 minutes earlier in the broadcast you heard someone off the 16th fairway say directly to Fish "I've got you at +900 to win, you can do it Mardy!".....so hoping this scream was just some drunk idiot and not someone financially incentivized to do it for Curry's benefit.

Hoylake should be fascinating. More water and internal OB close to the fairways than a lot of links courses. Roughly 40% of the par 4s will play 450+. Seems like a premium on accurately driving the ball.

Looking over some of the longer shot options today and trying to figure out what i reasonably wanna take Rory at. I do think Rory has a great shot to win again and is rightfully the favorite but at 7-1 odds with so many talented players in the field there’s just not really any value at all.

Kyle Reifers Monday qualified again today with a bogey free 64 in advance of the Barracuda Championship in California. That’s 3 Monday qualifiers in the last 5 weeks. IIRC, last week, Reifers missed getting into the Barbasol by one shot. He’s playing at a high level. From the PGA summary:

Reifers carded eight birdies against zero bogeys to successfully Monday qualify on TOUR for the third time in the past month, and the fourth time overall this season. Also four-spotted into Travelers Championship (T38) and Rocket Mortgage Classic (T52). Missed cut at Mexico Open at Vidanta earlier this year … Returns to the site of his career-best PGA TOUR finish, a runner-up to J.J. Henry at the 2015 Barracuda Championship.

To win card for the week, may splash one or two more small bets but this is mostly done:

Rory 10-1 (pre-tourney +300 DK boost) 2.5u

Brooks 20-1 1.25u

Dustin 33-1 1u

Collin 35-1 1u

Rose 50-1 .5u

Hideki 80-1 .5u

Conners 90-1 .5u

Henley 125-1 .5u

Poston 250-1 .5u

We need @Pilchard to come offer insight so we can all make money off his picks.

I've hit two winners in three weeks after a two month dry spell. The tournament in between I had pre-tourney win bets on the top four favorites per datagolf entering the weekend and Sepp Straka went and destroyed my soul.

I love Rose at 50-1. Hideki also feels like mega value at 80-1.
The thing about Rose is he often contends but does not often finish it off to win. Since 2019 he's only had 1 win - at Pebble against a so-so field.

As for Koepka, his record at the Open isn't as jaw dropping as it is at the US and PGA. But I'd never bet against a healthy and motivated Brooks. And I think he'll win all 4 majors before Rory does. The other LIV guy who I think will contend this week is Smith. He said at Augusta he barely played back home over the winter, but he said the other day that he's in better form now. The potential issue with him is there is more OB at Hoylake than other Opens, though most of it is right, and his go to miss off the tee is left.

Back