• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Should Convicted Felons Be Allowed to Vote?

Should Convicted Felons Be Allowed to Vote?

• Doofus Numbers/Only the Dwarf Council May Decide

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You want me to post your EC predictions before the last election?

It's a dumb argument when the guy who won the EC barely won a bunch of states and lost the popular vote by a few million. That has never happened in the US.

Trump's approval ratings have never really approached 50%.

2zic6j.jpg

srs q: how many of the non-yes voters read Michelle Alexander's book?

Campaign events at a Super Max shouldbe pretty cool.

Trump would be for letting cons vote while in prison. The Russian mob could get the Thief-in-Chief a bunch of votes.

I can't understand why they should allowed to vote while serving their sentences. After they get out is a different story.

Do you understand rights?

Do you understand rights?

I do, but you can lose your rights. Or do you believe a serial spousal abuser should be allowed to buy guns legally? Or how about someone who commits armed robbery, should they be allowed to buy a gun?

I do, but you can lose your rights. Or do you believe a serial spousal abuser should be allowed to buy guns legally? Or how about someone who commits armed robbery, should they be allowed to buy a gun?

No they shouldn't, but that's apples and cucumbers. To extend your analogy, the only convicts who deserve to lose voting rights are those that commit crimes in some way related to voting (e.g., voting fraud).

The real question is whether any independents or registered pubs should be allowed to vote.

What say ye, Tunnels Left???

No they shouldn't, but that's apples and cucumbers. To extend your analogy, the only convicts who deserve to lose voting rights are those that commit crimes in some way related to voting (e.g., voting fraud).

I said NOTHING for the sort. Don't try to put false words into my mouth.

I said you should get your right to vote back when you are free, but not while you are in prison.

I said NOTHING for the sort. Don't try to put false words into my mouth.

I said you should get your right to vote back when you are free, but not while you are in prison.

I thought you were making an analogy to gun rights and gun-related crimes, because that's how the post read. I wasn't trying to put words in your mouth.

All that post said was you can lose your rights. That's all it said.

You asked (clearly condescending) if I understood rights. It was a BS question.

No your post said you didn't understand how anyone could be allowed to vote while serving a sentence, which is a bad position to take. Then you responded to my (appropriately) condescending question by making a gun rights/gun-related/violent crime analogy and losing the right to own a gun, so I replied with the next logical step which would be that your position would seem to indicate that loss of voting rights should be dependent on committing a voting related crime.

Do you want me to quote your post?

I can't understand why they should allowed to vote while serving their sentences. After they get out is a different story.

Back