• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Snow

Wakephan and I might get 0.1 inch overnight. Winter Weather Advisory from midnight until noon tomorrow. Rooting hard for a Texas snow day!

Last edited:
Haha, j/k. Christmas Day in North Carolina will be in the mid to upper 70s. Pattern won't support snow in NC until late January.

ski resorts in Boone are going to be hurting. Sugar in particular just spent a boatload of money in the offseason putting in a new high-speed lift, the owner has to be pissed that he's not going to get any revenue until after the New Year. The first ski race for my beer league was supposed to be this weekend.

Drew, are you out of jail or do they allow limited use the internet in prison?

ski resorts in Boone are going to be hurting. Sugar in particular just spent a boatload of money in the offseason putting in a new high-speed lift, the owner has to be pissed that he's not going to get any revenue until after the New Year. The first ski race for my beer league was supposed to be this weekend.

Just saw a tweet that six resorts in Western NC have halted operations for now.

Temps are cold enough now for Sugar to be blowing snow. Should stay cold through Weds but will warm up a little at the end of the week.

Anyone else hearing rumblings of a winter storm 1/10-12?

I'm hearing rumblings. All I ask is that it comes once I finish all my work trips (until April). This means after January 9th it can snow

Yeah man, 54 the high here in boone Saturday. Might not be great skiing weather

Back