• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

State of the Buzz, Preseason

Do you approve of the job Jeff [Redacted] is doing as Head Coach?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There are two concepts at work here:
1. All Players should at least minimally improve through experience.
2. It's a coaches job to improve his players.

I think we've established that Travis was the hardest working player on the team last year, aside from Travis, I saw minimal improvement on the team. I watched almost all of the games last year and the team looked just as lost and inept at the end of the season as they did in the beginning. We did play well against Duke for a half, I give Bzz credit for that.

Fair enough. I'd add the first half against UNC, the game against Miami we should have won, although I'd probably throw out the fluke Iowa win... But I don't think it's fair to [Redacted] not to give him any credit for how good Travis and CJ looked at the end of the year, or how much better Nikita played in the last game compared to his first laughable attempts. I'll never forget his spinning backwards drive where he blindly pounded the ball off the backboard.

I just think [Redacted] did alright with the guys that are coming back. One exception is Carson - kept expecting him to have a breakout game and maintain a higher level of play all year but it just never happened. I know it's much harder for centers to develop, but it was still disappointing.

Say what you want about how they "looked" - but Ari, Terrell, and Ty pretty much fell apart statistically by the end of the year and they are all gone now - and all 3 were starters at the beginning of the year and thought to be critical pieces if we were to see any kind of success. So they sucked up a lot of time and effort for basically no return.

DC, if you need to be sold on Carson, just talk to Red Sox Faithful. That guy is drinkin' the Carson Kool Aid; Apparently he's bulked up!

The coach that everybody wanted to replace Dino lost to D-II Northern State yesterday

Shaka Smart didn't lose to some shitty D-II Northern State team.

SHAKA!!

Shaka Smart didn't lose to some shitty D-II Northern State team.

SHAKA!!

Seeing his name back on these boards after all these months is like seeing your crush down the hall on the first day of school.

Sadly, Wellman has destroyed the program to the point he'd never consider us.

I like Shaka. But I need to see it again. Still a lot to prove IMO.

no one more overrated in the world.... Tim Tebow of College coaches...damn, I thought I was done hearing his name, and ESPN literally just got off their knees and wiped their chin..

Literally? I don't think you know what that word really means. I literally don't if you think that ESPN literally did that.
:thumbsup:

Oh, and Shaka is awesome.

no one more overrated in the world.... Tim Tebow of College coaches...damn, I thought I was done hearing his name, and ESPN literally just got off their knees and wiped their chin..

And here I had always thought the ESPN folks took it higher in the face than the chin. I was thinking more the eyes.

Actually, I like Smart. VCU wasn't upset at losing Grant when they were keeping Shaka. Also like Mooney at UR a lot.

And here I had always thought the ESPN folks took it higher in the face than the chin. I was thinking more the eyes.

Actually, I like Smart. VCU wasn't upset at losing Grant when they were keeping Shaka. Also like Mooney at UR a lot.

They weren't keeping Shaka. He was an assistant at Florida when VCU hired him as head coach.

Love Mooney and watching Sydney Johnson (@ Fairfield, formerly @ Princeton) pretty closely.

pretty_eye-1575.jpg

29da29c9798bf199add63cf92d9555cd-heart-clip-art.jpg

shaka-smart-vcu.jpg

Literally? I don't think you know what that word really means. I literally don't if you think that ESPN literally did that.
:thumbsup:

Oh, and Shaka is awesome.

Yes, I know what it means, and yes they did. My friend works there, Shaka came to visit, and the producers got on their knee's. *True Story

And no, he's not awesome

*not true

Back