• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Steve Forbes

Put RJ and socaldeac on ignore. That will rank as the best decisions of the week after Currie firing Manning and hiring Forbes.

51l_129u_400x400.jpg

Political strategist Steve Schmidt is Forbes long lost brother.

Last edited:
What is this crap?

It’s like the end of WWII here, try to celebrate. We hired a very good coach and more importantly, canned Culture we are Wake Forest and we are better than you dumbass Wellman and dopey lose 20 games a year what an embarrassment Manning.
Nobody gives a shit, just win baby

Goodman and Forbes get along, they had a 45-minute interview on his podcast a couple months back. Good-natured ribbing

Off topic but am I the only one who hated the new unis this past season. I thought the white threads were decent. Black shorts were hideous with the gold trimmed WF logo on the leg and waist. Greys were also hot trash. Really can't understand how alot of those designs passed

Off topic but am I the only one who hated the new unis this past season. I thought the white threads were decent. Black shorts were hideous with the gold trimmed WF logo on the leg and waist. Greys were also hot trash. Really can't understand how alot of those designs passed

As I recall many on the boards liked them. I can't remember if I actually saw them in games (maybe some clips) but what was posted on the boards I remember not liking. The block letters were boring. Overall unimpressive look. Maybe Forbes can look into it.

Looks like he sent that tweet at 2:00 AM. Dude must be amped!!

I've seen a fair number of well wishers on Twitter etc. from ETSU. Seems like he's well-loved at the places he's been. Says a lot.

The theme song for our feelings tonight.

I love how we hired a 55 year old and people think we missed out chance to hire a guy who could be coaching for the next 30 years. If Wes really wants this job, it will be here for him whenever Forbes hangs it up. Hopefully Wes keeps winning.

1) No one said Wes “really” wants this job in particular. He wants big jobs I’m sure. It was many of us that wanted him to have our job in particular because we want to see WF win.

2) If Forbes hangs it up in 10 years, I for one would prefer someone younger than what Wes will be at that age.

Again, I think Forbes is awesome. Of course I would have hired Miller but that doesn’t mean I don’t think Forbes will improve our program greatly. I bet he does. And I love the guy’s personality.

But, as for Miller, he just got listed as 2nd choice at age 37 for an ACC school that his father was previously a large donor and is an alum. This is the same school that would not let him walk on and so he instead did so at a rival school helping win big things. So, to be clear, it doesn’t take any insight to know any chance to heal up Miller and Wake Forest is definitely closed at this point.

For better or worse, the concept of Miller to Wake Forest is now permanently off the table.

It’s the Steve Forbes era at Wake Forest. If it’s ever not the Steve Forbes era, it will be John Curries show again and I bet Currie will make another good choice. But that will never be Miller now. Next topic here. Any future posts on Miller will be on Inside Carolina. Because he has nothing to do with Wake Forest.

Sorry, those new uni combos are the sharpest in over 10 years. Currie finally trashed the awful pajama look with wake forest in tiny letters you couldn’t read.

It’s the Steve Forbes era at Wake Forest. If it’s ever not the Steve Forbes era, it will be John Curries show again and I bet Currie will make another good choice. But that will never be Miller now. Next topic here. Any future posts on Miller will be on Inside Carolina. Because he has nothing to do with Wake Forest.

Thank God! I don't want to hear any more about that little blue goat. Have fun on the Walmart board!

Sorry, those new uni combos are the sharpest in over 10 years. Currie finally trashed the awful pajama look with wake forest in tiny letters you couldn’t read.

I think my mine grip with them was the black shorts which ruined the black unis for me. Something about the gold outlined WF logo on the shorts that doesn't sit right with me. I know I was in the minority on this though as social media loved them

DSC01684.JPG

Back