• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The most perfect storm?

go to 3:00.... electricity is terrifying

So after that explosion at the Con Ed plant lower Manhattan is now in a black out.

2012_10_darklowerman.jpeg

How big is this eye, My mom says there's no wind now and hasn't been for the past half an hour or so, is she in the eye now? Someone said it turned north.

Yeah I think they're in the eye. My mom just texted me that it is very quiet right now and she thinks they're in the eye.

From my FB and my mom confirmed no wind related problems.... This was posted 2 hours ago though..........

"It looks like the we're in the eye of the storm now. Amazingly, we still have power and haven't had any wind-related problems so far. What's even more amazing is that our DirecTV hasn't gone out, so the kids have had plenty to keep them occupied. Let's hope that the second half of the storm later tonight is as good to us as this half was.
"

2 dead in the town next to me - Mendham Township, actually 2 blocks from where my parents live.

Occupants of a vehicle crushed to death at approximately 7:30pm.

I didn't realize the storm was that far inland already.

Are you able to decipher it or anyone else to show how wide this eye is? at 20 mph it would have to be over 20 miles wide to explain whats going on.

There really isn't an eye left because it is a post-tropical system. The eye dissolved in on itself hours ago. You can still see where the rotation is around the low pressure system, but that is almost into Pennsylvania by now. The reason it's not raining hard on the shore is because the west/southwest part of the system was holding the majority of the moisture.

more wondering why there's no real reported wind all day on the projected path of the storm, as the board meteorologists assured me there would be.

more wondering why there's no real reported wind all day on the projected path of the storm, as the board meteorologists assured me there would be.

where is there no wind? the jersey shore was practically destroyed... all the way from cape may to new york city.

Kathryn Schulz ‏@kathrynschulz
Verified, & worst news I've heard so far: NYU hospital generator failed. Personnel manually evacuating PICU & NICU down 9 flights of stairs.

Back