• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit's First Pet Peeve Thread

If your best friend Harry has a brother Larry, and in 5 days from now he is going to get married, why are you the best man? Why isn't Harry the best man? What is the direct connection between you and Larry?

A girl named Carol follows Darryl every gig we play. Then D dissed her and dismissed her, now she's jockin' Jay. What do you call Carol ?

mako's mom doesn't get dumped. She's two of the answers to f marry kill.

If your best friend Harry has a brother Larry, and in 5 days from now he is going to get married, why are you the best man? Why isn't Harry the best man? What is the direct connection between you and Larry?

Harry is getting married and you are his best friend and best man. Noting that he has a brother Larry is just an FYI from Young M.C.

Eh, it is clearly Larry who is getting married.

@wakephan09

People who assume that the headlights on their car are only to help them see in the dark when in reality they also help others see you in cloudy/hazy conditions, like when it has rained heavily or during a light rain where the clouds are all gray and the roads are wet and reflecting the gray clouds while they drive in their gray colored cars. Everything blends together and it makes them harder to see. Almost got in a wreck the other day because of it. Car companies should make headlights turn on automatically when wipers are engaged. Or just have all cars have daytime lights. ¯\(ツ)

Pretty sure all new cars have that setting but old cars not so much. Basically your peeve is “poor people.”

People who back in to parking spaces when other cars are around.

If no one else is around, go nuts but if there are other people around, stop blocking the parking lot so you can take three minutes to get in to a spot backwards that would take four seconds to do forwards.

If no one else is around, go nuts but if there are other people around, stop blocking the parking lot so you can take three minutes to get in to a spot backwards that would take four seconds to do forwards.

BIG PICKUPTRUCK drivers weep

I think I said this in the thread when it was started a decade ago, but people who say "sammiches" or "sammies".

Talk like a god damn human instead of a 4 year old.

Also, I went back 2 pages and see somebody else also had, what I thought to be, this very specific pet peeve. Good to know.

sammie is even worse. What is wrong with you people that say sammie or sammich.

Edit: rep confirmed that old post just referenced by doofus was mine. So yeah, I stand by my take and it’s still stupid to see written on menus and things

yeah and it's always the ones who need like 5 attempts to get it right (and they're still parked too close to the car next to their driver's side)

there are like 3-4 job application platforms (WorkDay, UKG, etc). you have to create a log-in for each one and go through the same rigamarole each time to upload your resume/cover letter, have the fields populate, fill out the EEOC questions, etc. should be a way to use your same WorkDay login across the platform and you can tailor what's on there for the job rather than starting from scratch each time.

oh, and also, you spend all that time applying the least they can do is get back to you with a no.

yeah and it's always the ones who need like 5 attempts to get it right (and they're still parked too close to the car next to their driver's side)

Which seems impossible since rear view cameras these days all but park it for you (and some even do that), but that doesn’t stop some folks from fucking up.

Back