• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Walking Dead SEASON FIVE THREAD! Good news: Show's back Bad news: So is Hardwick

I'm the most angry that they took 90 minutes on that episode. Oops, it's a road block. Uh oh. Another road block.

Did you guys consider that they have the same maps as you?

Smart move would have been to turn around and send one or two people back that night and bring the doctor back to you.

Exactly. It's like they are about to jump the shark and may have. Don't know. I get it that the show runners were all excited to get to Negan and what that will do to the structure of the show next season. I assume they will start 2 or 3 months down the road where they are working for Negan, giving him 50% of everything, Rick is a broken man. And they will show who died and what happened since in flashbacks with the trajectory of the season being how to regain control of their own camp, outmanuever Negan, and Rick has to snap out of his funk to do it. Rick spent too much time childlessly telling everyone that they were a whole group, one, and that they do things together and they Win! All the time! To not suffer ghastly depression from losing one person. It will get old fast.

But they spent basically a whole season and a half protecting their prison; they know Negan's people know about their shang-rala behind the fence and the gate and haven't even attempted to ram it, and what do they do for days on end? Send everybody important out the gate after first Daryl, and then Jamie Lee Curtis without the knockers, and then to save Maggie - it was just stupid strategically, stupid, stupid, stupid. Taking his own son was the fuckity fucked up icing on the cake.

Disappointing. I think the show has been fairly responsive to the criticism from season to season. Probably not surprising that they messed up the season with dumb cliffhangers and didn't think through decisions the way Rick actually would have - or anybody really. They probably started drinking their own coolaid. I do think the show did a great job of getting darker realistically and interestingly, and the dialogue was better this year than in any season up to this one.

But, the storyline in real life would have been, "hi hilltoppers, Rick here. Seems like Negan is an insane dude. Hmmm. You all come live with us behind our fence. I'm the leader. We can try and move as much of your equipment as possible. Those who want to stay can, but we won't protect you. We'll have to start over with food and it will suck for 6 months but oh well, we'll be stronger against this Negan character all together instead of spread out amongst two camps

But that would have been a little too boring.

Makes me respect more what they did with Breaking Bad the discipline in building that show across 5 or 6 seasons and keeping it consistent is to be commended.

Last edited:
sigh, not a great episode at all. i am not sure what they will do with Neegan and who he kills, there are expendable people that are not in the comics, those that are already dead in the comics and who is on the businesses end of Lucille in the comics. they have a little flexibility to appease the masses.

my thought...Eugene, he gave his ammunition plans to Rick and thus made himself expendable.

I'm confused- don't the Neegan people know where they live? Why not just kill them and take 100% of the stuff?

I liked the episode:noidea:. The roadblocks were contrived, but the whole thing was creepy as fuck. I find that hard to pull off generally.

Negan is a bad ass. You kill 20 of my guys, I kill one of yours. That is some deep ass ISIS shit. Or at least FIFA.

Good grief...after a pretty strong first season, Fear The Walking Dead was boring as shit to kick off their second season. Too bad. That's a show that may have been better off ending after season one.

Or maybe they would be better off introducing new characters every year and giving different perspectives of the zombie apocalypse. Either way I could not have given less of a shit about the characters last night...well, other than Strand who seems like he might be a badass. I guess time will tell on that one.

Good grief...after a pretty strong first season, Fear The Walking Dead was boring as shit to kick off their second season. Too bad. That's a show that may have been better off ending after season one.

Or maybe they would be better off introducing new characters every year and giving different perspectives of the zombie apocalypse. Either way I could not have given less of a shit about the characters last night...well, other than Strand who seems like he might be a badass. I guess time will tell on that one.

Pretty much my exact reaction to watching last night. I'm about to give up on FOTWD if next week's episode is equally as lame.

Why are the zombies already decaying? It's been the zombie apocalypse for like a week.

And the boat motor blades ripping off that one zombie's head was just terrible television. So lame.

Getting ripe in the CA sun.

I actually enjoyed the episode. Nice ass boat.

Pretty much my exact reaction to watching last night. I'm about to give up on FOTWD if next week's episode is equally as lame.

Why are the zombies already decaying? It's been the zombie apocalypse for like a week.

And the boat motor blades ripping off that one zombie's head was just terrible television. So lame.

I had a similar reaction to the notion that there are already people playing pirate so soon into the end of the world. The government just torched LA, it feels a little early for the humanity reverts to baseline savagery storylines.

I had a similar reaction to the notion that there are already people playing pirate so soon into the end of the world. The government just torched LA, it feels a little early for the humanity reverts to baseline savagery storylines.

haha. I was just saying this to a buddy at work.

Day 1 zombie apocolypse. Fuck me. This is scary shit
Day 3 we got to the boat! yeah!
Day 7 um ... we are running out of food ... LET'S KILL LIVE PEOPLE FOR THEIR FOOD ALREADY BYATCH!

I mean, the government did just fire bomb the city and the dead seem to still be everywhere. There is no law and order around and it's not like you can just run to Ralph's for some groceries.

It's not totally unbelievable to me that some people would be using this as an opportunity to steal from others.

I mean, the government did just fire bomb the city and the dead seem to still be everywhere. There is no law and order around and it's not like you can just run to Ralph's for some groceries.

It's not totally unbelievable to me that some people would be using this as an opportunity to steal from others.

You could, ya know, fish.

the daughter is a moron and the junkie son is going to be the one that saves everyone.

Back