• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

TMZ Reports Jameis Winston Being Investigated For Sexual Assault

No way they're filing charges if there's a press conference. A prosecutor isn't allowed to talk about a pending investigation/open case. So, unless the press conference is to only say "We're filing charges against Jameis" and then ending it immediately thereafter, one can safely assume that Jameis will be playing football this Saturday.

Corso makes his pick...

b74faf911b4116dfb5490ffc0110a097.gif

Has to be no charges filed. How could prosecutor justify a alleged rapist running free for 24 hours more?

No way they're filing charges if there's a press conference. A prosecutor isn't allowed to talk about a pending investigation/open case. So, unless the press conference is to only say "We're filing charges against Jameis" and then ending it immediately thereafter, one can safely assume that Jameis will be playing football this Saturday.

Unless you are the prosecutor in Durham and lacrosse players are the defendants.

Has to be no charges filed. How could prosecutor justify a alleged rapist running free for 24 hours more?

I think you are right that there will be no charges, but this doesn't work like Law and Order where McCoy places a call and Lennie Briscoe shows up at football practice to pick him up. Everyone knows there has been an investigation going on. Winston has a lawyer and is easy to locate. If charges are going to be filed, his lawyer will get a call, and arrangements will be made for him to turn him self in to be booked, etc., this morning.

Didn't the Florida prosecutor in the Zimmerman case have a press conference to announce the charges given the circumstances, after he had turned himself in that morning?

Didn't the Florida prosecutor in the Zimmerman case have a press conference to announce the charges given the circumstances, after he had turned himself in that morning?

I honestly don't remember if Angela Corey did that or not. In a high profile case, it's not uncommon to issue a bland press release. But, to hold a press conference and have a Q&A about an ongoing investigation is highly inappropriate, in my opinion. Having said all that....if she did, it wouldn't surprise me. This is also the same office that withheld evidence and fired the whistleblower.

Last edited:
@SportsCenter 14h

Ron Burgundy's SportsCenter appearance Thursday has been canceled in light of breaking news out of Florida State regarding Jameis Winston.

Damnit. Weak. If he isn't charged, it's a non-story. If he is charged, it makes sense to cancel Ron Burgundy as there will be many angles to this story.

Last edited:
I honestly don't remember if Angela Corey did that or not. In a high profile case, it's not uncommon to issue a bland press release. But, to hold a press conference and have a Q&A about an ongoing investigation is highly inappropriate, in my opinion. Having said all that....if she did, it wouldn't surprise me. This is also the same office that withheld evidence and fired the whistleblower.

Looks like she did. But yeah, she is a wacko so probably did not care if it was proper procedure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX3PdbEmw3Y

Even if no charges, press conference is lame. Send out a letter with backing docs and be done with it.

This. The DA, or whoever it is calling the presser, is trying to damn hard to be the center of the story and have their time in the spotlight. It's so stupid.

Back