• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2023/24 Champions League (and other Euro comps) Thread. NWT.

Much like Union Berlin playing their Champs League matches at Olympiastadion unfortunately, Liverpool's group opponent Union SG out of Belgium (under Brighton's umbrella) are moving their Europa matches from their cozy little home ground to Anderlecht's stadium. Kind of a bummer, I put on a random Union SG match the other week and dug the ground, but I get it -- doesn't meet UEFA's requirements. Partial to tiny little quirky stadia, though.

View attachment 5389

View attachment 5391
way cool!

Bayern Munich is in trouble today, y'all! 🤞
Lols, did you see the squad that United is sending to Munich? FOUR GKs, 3 CBs (Butcher, Vic and Johnny) and 2 FBs (Dalot and Reg). We could legit see a CB pairing of McSauce and Evans or Evans at FB if they get into trouble with cards or injury... which of course they will. Or maybe Onana can step into CB and have Bayindir slot in goal.

that Tchouameni challenge was crunching. don't think it was a red tho - ref got it right, for me

After a whopping four matches into this year's Serie A campaign, I'm not hopeful that Napoli make it out of the group if Garcia is still managing the squad come mid-October.

Tactically he has been wildly uninspiring and it's showing in the quality of play. I hope he proves me wrong, but I have a bad feeling based on what I've seen so far.

Union doesn't yet look like they don't belong on the field or anything

Lols, did you see the squad that United is sending to Munich? FOUR GKs, 3 CBs (Butcher, Vic and Johnny) and 2 FBs (Dalot and Reg). We could legit see a CB pairing of McSauce and Evans or Evans at FB if they get into trouble with cards or injury... which of course they will. Or maybe Onana can step into CB and have Bayindir slot in goal.
United XI: Onana; Dalot, Lindelof, Martinez, Reguilon; Casemiro, Eriksen; Pellistri, Bruno, Rashford; Hojlund

Happy for Pellistri but what a place to get your first start of the season...and, I believe, 2nd start of your career at Manchester United

subs bench is funny tho - crazy how so many people are out injured right now. subs: Bayindir (GK), Heaton (GK), Vitek (GK & U21), Evans, Gore (U21), Hannibal, McTominay, Forson (U21), Garnacho, Martial

that Tchouameni challenge was crunching. don't think it was a red tho - ref got it right, for me
yea, tough call cause he flew in but the Union player was airborne. If that leg is planted, it’s broken, and a red.

United XI: Onana; Dalot, Lindelof, Martinez, Reguilon; Casemiro, Eriksen; Pellistri, Bruno, Rashford; Hojlund

Happy for Pellistri but what a place to get your first start of the season...and, I believe, 2nd start of your career at Manchester United

subs bench is funny tho - crazy how so many people are out injured right now. subs: Bayindir (GK), Heaton (GK), Vitek (GK & U21), Evans, Gore (U21), Hannibal, McTominay, Forson (U21), Garnacho, Martial
Defs happy for Pellistri. I expect him to run his ass off to try and earn a more regular spot. But yeah, that bench is worrisome.

I like Dan Gore...but he ain't ready for Bayern just yet. If he comes on I predict a yellow within 5 minutes.

Back is against the wall so hopefully EtH has instilled an "us against the world" siege mentality within the squad.

What happened to Micah Richards on the CBS CL studio? Way too much Carragher today - someone needs to shut him up.

It was a wild one in Istanbul, it seems. Copenhagen was up 2-0...but a dude got himself sent off which (presumably) helped Gala score 2 in 2 minutes to equalize and share the points.

Back