• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2023/24 Champions League (and other Euro comps) Thread. NWT.

On my feed the audio is about a second ahead of the video. So the announcers are exclaiming or giving the result of a move before I see it. Irritating.

My son is studying in Barcelona and went to the match yesterday. I hate the fact my kid is checking off MY bucket list before he turns 21. Best part is Wake is paying for the ticket (80 euros).....

I’m not sure he’s an overall upgrade over DDG
he definitely has a howler in him every few matches like DDG

but it is telling that DDG still doesn't have a club... just being a shot stopper isn't good enough anymore - for better or worse

also, United are shit

Manchester United are the worst team in defensive transitions that I've seen in some time. The pull back to the penalty spot area is open EVERY FUCKING TIME

Manchester United are the worst team in defensive transitions that I've seen in some time. The pull back to the penalty spot area is open EVERY FUCKING TIME

I feel bad bitching about Osti and Juan Jesus' play on the left for us now. I'd be pulling my hair out if they did this.

Agree it’s a huge problem, very little pace in the midfield to recover

I've become fixated on how lazy some midfielders are in tracking back on counter attacks. Even more baffling are substitutes who come on in the 75-80th minute and aren't sprinting back on those plays. Infuriating and a perfect example why they're not getting more minutes.

I don't know what Napoli would be doing without Di Lorenzo. Garcia's system creates little opportunity for Kvara to cook down the left wing, which is kind of something he's world class at doing, and not playing down the wings in general hamstrings Osi because, while he can be a through ball type attacker at times, that's just not how he scores best.

So much of the offense and our scoring opportunities have been the result of Di Lorenzo being effective in each third of the pitch, but it doesn't need to be this way.

Being out-possessed by Braga in the first half with the talent on this team should be a stackable offense for Garcia in and of itself

I feel bad bitching about Osti and Juan Jesus' play on the left for us now. I'd be pulling my hair out if they did this.
I hate them. Numbered the players to make it easier to tell how fucking lazy the midfield is.

380890250_699385978201108_2778495622700840812_n.png

It isn't pace alone, @TownieDeac, there is no desire to help out. These players are so spoiled and entitled from years of player power at Carrington that they genuinely don't feel like they should try harder, I think.

Play kids instead. At least lose with a desire to compete.

McT playing the 10 underneath Hojlund

EtH watching Scotland matches and thinking, "fuck it, worth a shot..."

If the backline is our weakness why in the ever loving hell does Garcia think it's ok to fall back and play for the counter when up a goal? Dude, just keep attacking. Braga is playing with the intensity of a testimonial and is being allowed to play the ball all the way to our box.

Back