• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tunnels Gun Rights Thread

In all seriousness, I said that on the unpopular opinions thread, but it was primarily for the shock effect. I'm fine with the Second Amendment/having a gun for personal protection.

I do think that there needs to be much, much more stringent gun laws, with harsher penalties if your gun winds up in the hands of somebody that shouldn't have it. Stricter penalties for folks who aren't licensed to carry guns, and extensive background checks for anybody wishing to carry a gun.

I never plan on owning a gun nor do I really see the need for it where I live, but clearly we have established I am in a bubble more than most. If peeps feel the need for guns then all the more power to them. I believe they make society a more dangerous place than a safe place.

Require gun owners to carry insurance. Yes, I know it would be an assault on the 2nd amendment, but it would be the ultimate solution.

Require gun owners to carry insurance. Yes, I know it would be an assault on the 2nd amendment, but it would be the ultimate solution.

I agree with this too. Anything to limit guns getting in the hands of people who shouldn't have them (so reducing the amount of guns in existence period).

Why would having insurance be an "assault on the 2nd Amendment"? You can still keep and bear arms.

We use AR-15s often to kill wild hogs. They are a massive nuisance with incredible reproductive skills. You have to kill 70% of the population just to stay even.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We use AR-15s often to kill wild hogs. They are a massive nuisance with incredible reproductive skills. You have to kill 70% of the population just to stay even.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do AR15s reproduce?

Why would having insurance be an "assault on the 2nd Amendment"? You can still keep and bear arms.

You're requiring gun owners to pay an annual fee for a Constitutional right.

You're requiring gun owners to pay an annual fee for a Constitutional right.

Because they have a liability price. Plus even Scalia said there can be regulation of the 2nd Amendment.

None of our Bill of Rights are limitless and without regulation.

Because they have a liability price. Plus even Scalia said there can be regulation of the 2nd Amendment.

Scalia should have kept his mouth shut, and he might still be alive !

Almost like requiring people to buy an ID to vote?

Does the liability policy cost $10 and last for five years?

I'm for voter ID laws but I've always said that there should be a fee waiver and that every effort should be made to reach every potential voter.

This isn't what Scalia meant and you know that.

Ive already said that the second amendment can be regulated and agree that common sense regulation makes sense. A liability policy doesn't fall under that category in my opinion.

This isn't what Scalia meant and you know that.

Ive already said that the second amendment can be regulated and agree that common sense regulation makes sense. A liability policy doesn't fall under that category in my opinion.

So only your opinion counts. Why does insurance deny anyone the right to keep and bear arms?

Why does a voter ID law deny anybody the right to vote?

I'm for voter ID laws but I've always said that there should be a fee waiver and that every effort should be made to reach every potential voter.

So you want states to spend tens of millions of dollars to solve a problem that basically doesn't exist? Bush's study showed a possible 31 cases in over 1 BILLION votes cast.

Why does a voter ID law deny anybody the right to vote?

Some people don't have birth certificates. Some don't have the required proof of who they are to get IDs.

Here's a study that show zero cases of voter impersonation in several states that looked for them

http://www.governing.com/topics/elections/tt-voter-id-study-news-21.html

"This year, News21 reviewed cases in Arizona, Ohio, Georgia, Texas and Kansas, where politicians have expressed concern about voter fraud, and found hundreds of allegations but few prosecutions between 2012 and 2016. Attorneys general in those states successfully prosecuted 38 cases, though other cases may have been litigated at the county level. At least one-third of those cases involved nonvoters, such as elections officials or volunteers. None of the cases prosecuted was for voter impersonation."

This is a "solution" in search of a problem.

However, in 2015 at least 265 people were shot by kids.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...t-people-5-times-a-week-this-year-on-average/

And:

https://www.quora.com/How-many-peop...es-a-friend-or-loved-one-in-the-US-every-year
"Also in 2011 (to keep things consistent), according to the National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, of the 73,883 non-fatal firearms injuries that year, 14,675 (19.86%) were unintentional[2]."

So it's OK to have to pay some amount of money to exercise your constitutional rights? We're just haggling over what that amount should be?

Back