• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - The Last of Us = GOTY

Sounds like Microsoft is still paying the price for the older, rushed XBox 360's with sketchy hardware. The newer 360 versions don't seem to be having any issues. Wonder if tossing a fast USB 2.0 key in an older version would fix it...

Sounds like Microsoft is still paying the price for the older, rushed XBox 360's with sketchy hardware. The newer 360 versions don't seem to be having any issues. Wonder if tossing a fast USB 2.0 key in an older version would fix it...

Interesting thought. It does seem that systems manufactured from 2005 to 2008 are the most likely to fail. But according to my Googling, that tends to be framerate issues, freezing, etc. not actually install issues. The install issues seem to be random across machines.

I did find out last night that my brother has a 320gb generic hard drive connected to his Xbox, so that may be the problem. He didn't tell me that to start with. Since it is not a proprietary MS hard drive AND it is bigger than that Xbox officially supports, I guess that "could" be the problem. Just grasping at straws now.

We are going to try to install it on my Xbox later today and see what happens.

Played for a few hours at my brother's place last night, the strip club was an interesting "hands on" experience

I don't see hardly any difference in it at all. Other than I hit the post with more of my shots, which is unbelievable considering how many time I hit it in 13

this. i'm really enjoying it even though that does tend to happen alot. I've also had to change my strategy from 13 - much more counterattacking in 14. i find it harder to string together tight passes in and around the 18. the new first touch system definitely takes time to get used to.

For those who liked The Walking Dead, or those who are in to the recent trend of retelling fairy tales, Chapter 1 of The Wolf Among Us releases this week. Gameplay looks to be in the style of Walking Dead, with a bit more interaction. It is based on the "Fables" comics, where fairy tale characters are required to take on a human form and live in the real world, though mostly in their own segregated area. I'm sure I'll pick this up and play it, so I'll let you know my thoughts some time next week.

anybody tried Total War: Rome II? Online reviews indicate it hit in a real bad state but others say it has now been patched up to something great.

I asked this on the CT, but can anyone tell me if FIFA is pretty good with replicating stadiums and whether there are soccer chants in the background while you play?

I asked this on the CT, but can anyone tell me if FIFA is pretty good with replicating stadiums and whether there are soccer chants in the background while you play?

YNWA is clearly heard win playing at anfield.

FYI, GTA5 installed fine on my Xbox 360. My brother and I spent the next three hours avoiding any real missions so we could put in cheat codes and see how long we could maintain a 5 star wanted level.

anybody tried Total War: Rome II? Online reviews indicate it hit in a real bad state but others say it has now been patched up to something great.

i've played an embarrassingly large number of hours on this series since 2000. if you listen to nothing else i ever post, believe me when i say to wait a year post release and get it on sale with the DLC bundled. always do this for CA releases, and increasingly it's good policy across the board.

Madden 25′s SmartGlass features on Xbox One have been detailed by EA Sports

Called CoachGlass, the feature allows players to see their opponent’s “offensive tendencies, personnel groupings, major weapons, and suggests defensive plays designed to counter the offense’s biggest strengths,” states the press release.

It also pulls data from tens of thousands of online matchups, with regular updates providing a stream content and recommendations to users. It can also be used to select plays based on offensive personnel groups, or to “track tendencies at various downs and distances in order help players predict the opposition’s tendencies, and call plays to defend the part of the field their opponent is likely to attack.”

Users can also browse through previous plays called during a given game, with filters to sort by down, distance and more and it can be used at any point in a game both online and offline in Play Now, Connected Franchise, Madden Ultimate Team and other modes.

It also works in co-op, allowing one player to take the tablet or smartphone and act as defensive coordinator, while another player “handles the on-field action.”

Link to video

This looks cool but I just want an app that I can use to call play when playing someone in the same room as I am.

i've played an embarrassingly large number of hours on this series since 2000. if you listen to nothing else i ever post, believe me when i say to wait a year post release and get it on sale with the DLC bundled. always do this for CA releases, and increasingly it's good policy across the board.

good call. I don't think I've bought a "new" PC game in years. I always wait until it goes on some deep Steam discount. I bought Shogun II on the Steam summer sale for like $5 and haven't even downloaded it yet. Plus my PC is about 5 years old and I think I am going to need to upgrade before I buy anything published in 2012-2013.

good call. I don't think I've bought a "new" PC game in years. I always wait until it goes on some deep Steam discount. I bought Shogun II on the Steam summer sale for like $5 and haven't even downloaded it yet. Plus my PC is about 5 years old and I think I am going to need to upgrade before I buy anything published in 2012-2013.

There are a lot of worthwhile indie games that have been released that will work on older systems, like FTL and Don't Starve. Don't expect to play any major releases without an upgrade, though.

Pokemon was after my childhood; though I understand the basic concepts of it, I don't get the significance of X vs Y (or red vs blue etc).

They're almost entirely the same game (with specific things you can only get in one game or the other). It's a ploy to sell more games.

Never played any of the Pokemon games... missed them by a couple of years, I guess.

I did promise a report on A Wolf Among Us though, so here it is. It was pretty good. First episode was short (only 2-2.5 hours), but the story was interesting and took a couple of surprising twists. To be fair, I have no knowledge of the source material (the comics, not the fairy tales), so it may or may not follow the graphic novels. It certainly wasn't as emotionally draining as The Walking Dead, where you were constantly making decisions between two shitty options, but it was still pretty bleak and grim. I do recommend it for people who enjoyed The Walking Dead and for those who may like the Fables stories.

I played the Battlefield 4 beta the last week or so and really liked it. Was always a COD player but I am going to have to start withy battlefield this go round. Flying the helicopter and watching the building crash down was pretty awesome.

I am also pumped for Titanfall, Destiny, and the division a year down the road.

Back