• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake (#9 CFP, #5 SOR) at UNC (UNC-2.5) 12:00 noon, ABC

Deacs have to win out at this point, otherwise, I feel everyone who says Wake doesn't belong will say "I told you so", even if we have only 1 or 2 losses. Which is bullshit. Fuck the media and fuck UNC!

Oh, fuck Ron Wellman too!

Yea, I remember the pre season rakings had us finishing 5th in our own division. Fuck the media is right on. Fuck UNC is always. And Fuck Ron Wellman forever.

Beat 'em all, go to playoffs and show these MFers that TJDK.

Fuck UNC and that stupid water fountain they all worship

By the way, if any part of our defensive plan involves Andersen covering Josh Downs (or being isolated against him in zone coverage) the whole defensive staff needs to walk home.

By the way, if any part of our defensive plan involves Andersen covering Josh Downs (or being isolated against him in zone coverage) the whole defensive staff needs to walk home.

I assume we'll have Greer since he played against Duke. That's a huge help.

I see Anderson's role as being a cruise missile and Howell being the target.

I see Anderson's role as being a cruise missile and Howell being the target.

This. We learned last year Andersen covering Howell's passes is not going to work.

This. We learned last year Andersen covering Howell's passes is not going to work.

Yes- love the kid but he doesn’t have speed to cover NFL-level receivers. Would like to see him more as an LB.

Here is a link to today's press conference with Brandon Chapman and Nick Andersen. Andersen's presser starts around the 11 minute mark. He admits that UNC's talent left him "over-matched" last year and has motivated him (and his teammates) throughout the off-season. He also talks about how the defense regrouped after the Army game. Think the defense will be ultra-motivated on Saturday:

BTW, Andersen said WF's goal is "to be playing on January 10"... Got to love that.

Last edited:
So I'm sitting today at a lunch counter that I particularly enjoy and ESPN is on the television. I read that the line is UNC -2.5, and that the Holes have a "55%" chance of winning. Is that because we are LOWF? I mean, wtf, I think we're clearly better and will handle this one by at least 2 touchdowns!

Wake rolls - book it. already took a big wager on wake money line

So I'm sitting today at a lunch counter that I particularly enjoy and ESPN is on the television. I read that the line is UNC -2.5, and that the Holes have a "55%" chance of winning. Is that because we are LOWF? I mean, wtf, I think we're clearly better and will handle this one by at least 2 touchdowns!

Take advantage and pounce on that opportunity....

I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if the Vegas opinion is that we're not quite as good as a one loss Notre Dame team who was only up by one score in the 4th quarter at home against UNC. And we're on the road for homecoming with the pressure of a top 10 ranking for the first time in program history. I think Wake's consistency and discipline will win out over UNC's talent and uneven play, but who knows. If we get the Miami/Notre Dame version of UNC it's probably a coin flip. If we get the GA Tech/FSU version of UNC a couple TD's sounds about right.

Think it's fair to say that WF has the best offense that UNC has faced to date. In UNC's last 5 games against anyone other than Duke, UNC's opponent scored:

UVA - 39
GT - 45
FSU -35
Miami - 42
ND - 44

WF has scored 40 or more in each of its last 3 (2 of those games were against defenses better than UNC's) and WF has scored 35 or more against every opponent (WF shut it down in the 4th quarter in many of those games). Given those outcomes, reasonable to think that WF scores 40+ on Saturday. A less prolific WF offense scored over 50 against a better UNC defense last year, but WF gave up 60. UNC is down a number of NFL players from last year's offense. As long as WF avoids bad turnover luck (which this team typically does), there are no special teams debacles or unexpected injuries, WF should be in position to win. UNC has talent, and there have been times when the WF defense has been porous; so, there is a scenario where WF falls, but the most likely outcome is a WF win.

Most outsiders, talking heads on ESPN, UNC fans, etc, keep talking about how Army scored 56 on our D and its trash, etc... Yes, they did, and they drove the ball very well against our banged up D.... for 45 minutes.. But at least 2 of Army's TDs were flukes IMO, that I don't think would have happened if they didn't have the ball for 45 minutes due to our offensive juggernaut. The garbage time TD late was a joke. Bad coverage, but our guy just kind of gave up on a hail mary style pass, it didn't matter to the game, bla bla. The other was a crazy 4th down catch in the end zone that was well defended but he caught it one handed as it kind of just landed in his arm.. The D was gassed and banged up, and take away two or three dumb plays on D and that game ends 70 vs 38 or something in that range.

If your defense gives up two fluke touchdowns in a game, along with six other touchdowns, that's bad defense.

Back