• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake (#9 CFP, #5 SOR) at UNC (UNC-2.5) 12:00 noon, ABC

I know we’re getting ahead of ourselves but you can imagine the Mesh/RPO against Georgia? Have a feeling it would give them fits - not to mention Kirby Smart probably thinks the Deacs are Lake Forest as in Lake Forest, IL.
Their DL might be in the backfield before Sam could even make a read. That matchup would be rough.

I know we’re getting ahead of ourselves but you can imagine the Mesh/RPO against Georgia? Have a feeling it would give them fits - not to mention Kirby Smart probably thinks the Deacs are Lake Forest as in Lake Forest, IL.

It's gotten destroyed in ugly fashion against elite Clemson front 7s, including some pretty damn good offenses the past 2 years. I'm thinking it would suffer a similar fate against UGA. But if we go down to Death Valley and torch a good Clemson defense with 35+, I'll probably sing a different tune.

Are you serious? I try not to imagine plane crashes, train wreck, bad accidents
..things of that nature. It causes nightmares.

We have an active win streak going against Georgia. I’m not scared.

It's gotten destroyed in ugly fashion against elite Clemson front 7s, including some pretty damn good offenses the past 2 years. I'm thinking it would suffer a similar fate against UGA. But if we go down to Death Valley and torch a good Clemson defense with 35+, I'll probably sing a different tune.

Sure. But our OL play is above and beyond what we’ve seen in previous years in terms of sacks and I assume pressures. And Sam has gotten good at avoiding pressure and getting the ball out. It’s important to remember this is our first season with an experienced QB since Wolford’s senior year. And our offense is more talented than it was four years ago.

UNC's defense is laughably bad - it's just as bad as it was under Fedora, when they were giving up 70 points a game to the likes of ECU. Wake's offense should be able move at will against them. The only question is how will UNC's offense play, and how effective Wake's defense can be against them. Imo, Wake will only need a few stops on defense, as our offense should put up lots of points.

It's pretty incredible how we are having the season UNC fans assumed they deserved.. undefeated, top 10, favorites to win the division, Heisman candidate QB named Sam....

Yet, we are still 4.5 pt underdogs. I wouldn't be shocked for Wake to come out swinging, force 3 turnovers, and the O dump 70 points on these frauds without ever holding back. This is the statement game they've been waiting for.

Going to be cold that day - low around 32 Friday night, and high only 54 on Saturday, which it might hit at game end.

Parking passes on Stubhub are crazy expensive.

The team has to go in thinking they need 70+ to win. Then think about throwing on some extra style points to impress recruits and give Wake fans something more to say to their UNC fan friends and family.

Going to be cold that day - low around 32 Friday night, and high only 54 on Saturday, which it might hit at game end.

Parking passes on Stubhub are crazy expensive.

I used ParkMobile. Paid $12.30 for a lot less that 0.5 from the stadium.

Are you serious? I try not to imagine plane crashes, train wreck, bad accidents
..things of that nature. It causes nightmares.

Our mesh doesn't work well against a D line that can penetrate quickly, like UGa's.

This is WF's best OL under Clawson and for as many years as I can remember before that. WF is currently 27th in sack rate per passing attempt. Most of the teams ahead of WF in that category (Michigan, UGA) don't throw as often and definitely don't throw deep as often. Last year WF was 97th in sack rate. If the OL give Hartman time, WF scores... often.

Starting to feel better about this game after thinking about how we managed against on the road in the Carrier Dome against the #1 Defense in the ACC. The D didn't play great, but we should score far more often against UNC's D and our D is hopefully improved since Cuse/Army.

Pretty sure Clawson still has some extra motivation to stick it to Jay Bateman, who coached under him at Richmond in 2004 and then stole our plays at Army

I'm driving a van for a team relay this weekend in Asheville. My brother is one of the runners and is a Walmart UNC fan. Wake better fucking curb stomp the tarhole baby blue bitches so I can rub that shit in his face. He will most assuredly rub it in mine if Wake loses.

Back