• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake (#9 CFP, #5 SOR) at UNC (UNC-2.5) 12:00 noon, ABC

Season isn’t over. However expecting the offense to be fucking perfect very game is dumb as fuck. No way the offense had anything to do with this loss. Fifty fucking five fucking points. And people are saying they could have done better. Well yes. They could have scored 7585876948775858.
Problem is they do have to play perfectly to win.

I will note that today was a non-conference game. That makes it only slightly less painful.

Fuck UNC ending our undefeated season and how awful our D looked at times but yeah, this being a non conference loss helps. We still have a straight shot to ACC Championship

There’s just no reason to say this. Could have easily gone our way today.

It could have gone our way but it didn’t…offensively we were good enough to win even on an off day by Hartman. Clawson’s refusal to address the defensive issues this season and really since his original DC left put us in a position to need a little luck. Should not have been necessary today

Offense has to take some of the blame. Sam has 2 ints and what 5 batted passes? We should have easily scored more points and we all know it.

It does, because the makeup of our team is against a team with a good offense we're going to have to score a lot and because of that you can't make many mistakes. Now, that may not be fair to the offense to have to carry such a load, but it is what it is. If we are going to be great Clawson is going to have to make changes to make us better on defense. When you have to outscore other teams it catches up with you, just as it catches up with a team that plays great defense, but has trouble scoring, see Clemson.

I'll remind everyone again....LOWF. Congrats to our guys for achieving a 1 week ranking that doesn't change who we are or who we're perceived to be by everyone across the country. Our opponents don't really respect us, and never will with a performance like that on the field and the sideline. Heading to 8-4 and out of the top 25 and a middling bowl game again. Nothing important to see here. What a waste.

It does, because the makeup of our team is against a team with a good offense we're going to have to score a lot and because of that you can't make many mistakes. Now, that may not be fair to the offense to have to carry such a load, but it is what it is. If we are going to be great Clawson is going to have to make changes to make us better on defense. When you have to outscore other teams it catches up with you, just as it catches up with a team that plays great defense, but has trouble scoring, see Clemson.

Completely agree. The offense knew it was going to have to be sharp in a boat race like this. That very first field goal set a bad precedent. We score a TD there and we win by one.

We had a lot of luck this season so far. Luck never holds out forever, it has to regress at some point.

I'll remind everyone again....LOWF. Congrats to our guys for achieving a 1 week ranking that doesn't change who we are or who we're perceived to be by everyone across the country. Our opponents don't really respect us, and never will with a performance like that on the field and the sideline. Heading to 8-4 and out of the top 25 and a middling bowl game again. Nothing important to see here. What a waste.

Yep, 8-1 and season is OVER, we should forfeit all remaining games and be complete doom and gloom in the middle of the best season in team history.

You, that’s you. Take a breath and have a beer champ.

Biggest bad play for me was the roughing penalty on our db when he threw the hole guy to the ground(it was the correct call) but turned a 3rd and 14 at the hole 35 or so into 1st and 10 at midfield. Bad time for dumb play by us

lol

Just the most miserable dude ever.

Biggest bad play for me was the roughing penalty on our db when he threw the hole guy to the ground(it was the correct call) but turned a 3rd and 14 at the hole 35 or so into 1st and 10 at midfield. Bad time for dumb play by us

In his defense, the whistle had not been blown so I could see him not being aware of where he was on the field. They blew the play dead after the tackle.

Yeah it was the right call, but I can how our db may not have even realized he was out of bounds. I know right call, but in that big a situation its tough.

Yeah it was the right call, but I can how our db may not have even realized he was out of bounds. I know right call, but in that big a situation its tough.

plays like that are not a new thing for zion keith unfortunately.

Lol coming from a closet UNC fan this is great, you're the worst..

Back