• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest 2023 baseball season thread (Deacs end historic season with extra inning loss to LSU: Final record 54-12 and top 4 finish nationally)

delusional

There was never any hope
giphy.gif

After this season, fully expect Muscara to either get a head job or an pitching coach offer that he can't refuse from an SEC school. The across the board improvement for this staff has been remarkable. What really stands out are the transfers (Sullivan and Roland) who have blossomed here. Muscara deserves a head job based on the performance of the pitching staffs at WF and MD.

After this season, fully expect Muscara to either get a head job or an pitching coach offer that he can't refuse from an SEC school. The across the board improvement for this staff has been remarkable. What really stands out are the transfers (Sullivan and Roland) who have blossomed here. Muscara deserves a head job based on the performance of the pitching staffs at WF and MD.
I think you're almost certainly right, but wasn't there some chatter that he took the Wake job because of his wife's input? They have pretty young kids, and if they are happy in Winston they may stick around a few years. Bill Cilento has been here forever.

I think you're almost certainly right, but wasn't there some chatter that he took the Wake job because of his wife's input? They have pretty young kids, and if they are happy in Winston they may stick around a few years. Bill Cilento has been here forever.
Here's to him liking the pitching lab.

The performances have been outstanding. Also love how Muscara and Walter have been pushing the right buttons on when to leave someone out there and when to pull a guy.

I will wait, but only because I do not know which games will involve Wake.

Since I would certainly be going alone I did reserve a campsite weeks ago.

I don’t know that I will totally believe it until the game actually starts, but love it and also curious to see how the lineup shakes out if accurate.

Would think that Reinisch loses his DH spot to Cecere. Costello has been too good to bench, and he is an excellent defensive player. Nicky Nukes starts at first. With everyone healthy this seems like the best lineup. The scary thing is that don't think WF has started a single game with this lineup:

OF:

Costello, Hawke, Bennett

INF:
Kurtz, Johnson, Houston, Wilken

C:
Lee

DH:
Cecere

Not sure who bats second between Costello and Bennett.

has bennett played any 2B this season? can't seem to find any fielding stats for 2023.

lowder and hartle are groundball pitchers so infield defense is a priority, but i would love to get a stronger bat into the lineup with sullivan or mascolo starting.

Back