• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball Preseason Discussion Thread - Hudson and Watson Suspended

Just some general comments:

Dinos is not a 3 and will not play at the SF spot. Yeah, his offensive game is generally on the perimeter, but on defense he is going to "guard" bigs and rebound.

I still like McClinton to get solid minutes at SF. He rebounds well, especially at the offensive end. Maybe a bigger Hudson cuts into his minutes, but I'll wait and see on that one. With Rountree gone, I suspect they'll both play more than the 15 minutes (McClinton) and 22 minutes (Hudson) they played per game last year.

Overall, I'm expecting Collins to take Leonard's minutes (17). Moore to play Washington's minutes (5). And Crawford to take over for Jones (21). Approximately, of course.

There are plenty of minutes for everyone w/ Leonard, Rountree, and Jones not on the roster this year. Keep in mind that CMM (32), Wilbekin (28), and Thomas (27) played the most minutes (by far)... That probably doesn't change much at all.

LOL at people that actually take these reports on players getting bigger/stronger/lighter/faster/etc/etc with anything but a rolling of the eyes. It's like every Spring Training for baseball when players seemingly always show up "in the best shape of their lives!"

It's just nonsense used to hype up fans before a season starts. Don't pay attention to it.

LOL at people that actually take these reports on players getting bigger/stronger/lighter/faster/etc/etc with anything but a rolling of the eyes. It's like every Spring Training for baseball when players seemingly always show up "in the best shape of their lives!"

It's just nonsense used to hype up fans before a season starts. Don't pay attention to it.

Lectrovision ?

To be fair, I think a few people have backed up Hudson growing an inch or two. I don't know how much it really matters w/r/t his play on the court, but I think it's probably true at this point.

I don't know much the extra inch matters for Hudson. I'm more excited that he's packed on an extra 15 lbs. (that's hopefully muscle)

To be fair, I think a few people have backed up Hudson growing an inch or two. I don't know how much it really matters w/r/t his play on the court, but I think it's probably true at this point.

Manning said it himself.

I don't really think anyone (other than creamy) was making a big deal out of Hudson's little growth spurt.

Last edited:
Bump. Why is this thread falling so far..... We're getting pretty close to the season and I'm dying to see how we are this year. Especially the freshmen, and how the sophs have hopefully improved and gained strength.

Manning said it himself.

I don't really think anyone (other than creamy) was making a big deal out of Hudson's little growth spurt.

It's not a make-or-break inch and 1/2, but having tall shooters is a good thing.

Bump. Why is this thread falling so far..... We're getting pretty close to the season and I'm dying to see how we are this year. Especially the freshmen, and how the sophs have hopefully improved and gained strength.

Because there isn't any news.

More than physical growth, an increase in ft % could well result in several more wins.

Boeheim thinks we're gonna be good this year.

I think Wake Forest is going to be real good this year. They'll be the biggest surprise I think. They've got good players. They've got everybody back and they've added a guy or two. They've got a couple of seniors and some young guys too. I think the league is approaching where you could get 10 bids. It could happen this year, but I think it will happen eventually. They're all basketball schools for the most part. They want to be good and they're going to get better in time.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...im-boeheim-on-his-suspension-competing-in-acc

I remember someone saying Wake offered season tickets to recent graduates at a great price. Interested in buying this, but can't find anything about it online. Has anyone purchased these/know how to?

I remember someone saying Wake offered season tickets to recent graduates at a great price. Interested in buying this, but can't find anything about it online. Has anyone purchased these/know how to?

Last year they were corner nosebleeds for $99. Call ticket office. I think I remember their number being 336-758-DEAC

Last year they were corner nosebleeds for $99. Call ticket office. I think I remember their number being 336-758-DEAC

That was the price for everyone who wanted general admission. But, there aren't really any "bad" seats at the Joel.

If you graduated in 2011 or later you can get season ticket lowers next to current students behind the basket for $125.

Back