• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest's own Tommy Elrod caught leaking football information to other teams

Grobe said Wednesday that for 13 years, his practices were open and held in the middle of campus for anyone to see. Clawson continued that policy as well, allowing Elrod complete access to the program not only as the radio broadcaster but as a football alum.

"For 13 years we had no indoor facility, no privacy," Grobe said. "Anybody could come and watch us just practice. So we had no secrets for 13 years and now all of a sudden that's a big deal. We never had the ability to keep people out of our practices, so anybody who wanted to come and watch and share what we did at practice could do that and we had no ability to stop it for 13 years. Now all of a sudden it's a big issue. I don't get it."

The difference is someone outside of the Wake "family" could have done that (and may very well have).

But Elrod was inside the Wake "family". As a former player and coach, he was trusted and allowed access beyond simply watching.

That's the difference.

I bet we're giving Army a chance to admit wrongdoing. Hopefully their statement is more coherent and rational.

Huh?

Why are you jackasses arguing about Grobe, when there is a jaw dropping statement out from Jurich? There's no way this fucking guy ran that statement by anyone before releasing it. Fucking Louisville needs to know only the Tarheels get to cheat punishment free in this league!

Because today Jim Grobe made embarrassing statements and rationale for this scandal.

I can only imagine that Clawson is a huge asshole if Elrod, a guy dedicated to WF for over 20 years as student/athlete/coach & beloved by the WF community, would betray all of that as well as his family's best interests, in a blind rage to sabotage Clawson.

I also think that's probably a good sign for Clawson. This isn't the type of shit that happens to Carl Torbush or Mike London or any other failed coach, This is Urban Meyer/Jim Harbaugh level shit

:D

Last edited:
Here's Why

Why are you jackasses arguing about Grobe, when there is a jaw dropping statement out from Jurich? There's no way this fucking guy ran that statement by anyone before releasing it. Fucking Louisville needs to know only the Tarheels get to cheat punishment free in this league!

For Jim Grobe to say that his practices were open for 13 years has nothing to do with this story. This is about a deliberate attempt by an individual to pass on propriety information to another institution in order to cause harm and or gain a monetary benefit.
What Grobe is talking about(spying) is non-transactional, only one party involved, the opposing team.

Because today Jim Grobe made embarrassing statements and rationale for this scandal.

Nothing is more embarrassing than coaching at that cesspool in Waco.

The Jurich press release is fucking insane. We should be focusing on Louisville for that statement alone.

He's like the people on tv after someone is caught committing a horrific crime, like there's video, 100 witnesses and a confession. Oh he was a good guy, went to church, loved Jesus, just no way he would do this. Just complete departure from reality.

Are you serious drew? Guy got let go with a coaching change - very very common. Wake sees a loyal son in need and gives him a job he probably didn't deserve. And because he has a family somehow we should have seen this coming? I'd hate to know what the common man with an hourly wage job is capable of.

This dick got bailed out by Wake and repaid us with a knife in the back. You're letting your friendship cloud good judgement. Guy is a loser piece of shit. Maybe he can catch on with the other sludge at Louisville

I bet we're giving Army a chance to admit wrongdoing. Hopefully their statement is more coherent and rational.

Well it's possible they knew about it last season and that's why they fired McCartney.

He's a lawyer dude. That's what lawyers do. Everyone deserves representation, no matter how unpopular they are. If you were a lawyer and your buddy got in legal trouble, I'm sure you'd try to help out too.
Agree with Mystery. Going after a Wake grad for doing his job (representing clients legal interests) is pretty silly.

Recap:
Who to blame:
1) Elrod
2) any coach and/or team who received info

Who to not blame:
1) Quander (John Adams defended redcoats for crying out loud, which he should have)
2) Clawson
3) Wellman (still needs to resign, but not for this)
4) Grobe (although I agree he should stop talking at this point)

Most former assistant coaches go and get coaching jobs elsewhere so it's not really an issue.

My question again for people who don't think Wellman or Clawson bear any responsibility: How do we make sure something like this doesn't happen again?

You don't. This isn't a common problem, which is what makes it so dastardly. It's such a criminal act that it's unforeseeable. But I'll bet Clawson becomes tighter with access to the program because of this.

There are some very dumb lawyers out there.

Back