• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake-Vanderbilt GAME THREAD - 9/9/2023, 11am Allegacy Federal Credit Union Stadium - lightening delay

Desmond doesn't fuck around in the slow mesh. His decivessness is markedly different than Ellison who fucks around for that extra second. In his defense, that could be on coaching.
Now this is very true. While sometimes patience is the right call to wait for holes to open, DC is MUCH faster at deciding when it’s go time. And this is the difference between 1-2 extra yards/carry.

anyone have an idea on what time the Georgia Tech game will be? Or when it will be announced?

It was obvious to the casual fan that KW3 should have been the primary RB when he was at Wake. What's surprising is that the Coaches could not see it and adjust to have your playmakers in the game giving them a chance to make plays.

Like the talent in the RB room and hoping to see more success with the running game because that will help open up the passing game for Mitch.

But that’s also a bit of a short sighted look. It’s asking the staff to reinvent its entire offensive identity for a player that may be here for Two years max. It also doesn’t account for the strengths of the other personnel in the offense. You recruit to your system, line included.

I agree that KWIII was criminally underused, but you can’t really argue that reimagining our offense for two years would be the right call when you see what the offense did the last two years.

Is there a middle ground? absolutely! Wish we had the jumbo lion while KWIII was here v. Going with him in the wildcat.

The weak spot for the offense was finishing games. An elite RB helps with that. I’m not sure running the ball with KWIII would require that much of a change in identity given how little Clawson says they run the slow mesh.

It was obvious to the casual fan that KW3 should have been the primary RB when he was at Wake. What's surprising is that the Coaches could not see it and adjust to have your playmakers in the game giving them a chance to make plays.

Like the talent in the RB room and hoping to see more success with the running game because that will help open up the passing game for Mitch.

On top of that he had a below average RB getting snaps instead of him.

The weak spot for the offense was finishing games. An elite RB helps with that. I’m not sure running the ball with KWIII would require that much of a change in identity given how little Clawson says they run the slow mesh.
I love Carney in the role of fourth quarter back. So hard to bring down.

Yeah. Late game play calling, putting in those long drive run packages, and multi-year struggles figuring out a red zone offense are all issues that can be laid at Clawson/ruggiero’s feet. KWIII had 11 TDS from short yardage, but wanted more general usage.

Can we leave the “we beat an SEC team!!!!” insanity alone? We beat a shitty squad. One of the worst in a major conference this year.

Good news is we beat them and it wasn’t particularly close.

I mean I’ve quite literally shown the film of Claiborne getting Mitch slammed. That’s a real thing.

I’m old enough to remember how people basically begged for Quinton Cooley to be the starting running back and he couldn’t even land at a P5 school (and I love QC)

More to it than just running it even if DC is great at that.
I'm old enough to remember how Kenneth Walker finished 2nd in the NFL OROY voting while Christian Beal-Smith was the fourth-string running back at South Carolina. So maybe score one for the coaches and one for the fans?

Demond had a good block on the Griffis to Banks touchdown pass yesterday.

1:49 on this video

I pray for 3:30. I’ve got a video and photo shoot at 10 am that day. I at least want to get some tailgating in
michael-cera-what-a-fun-sexy-time-for-you.gif

Back