• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake-Vanderbilt GAME THREAD - 9/9/2023, 11am Allegacy Federal Credit Union Stadium - lightening delay

Other than having Bally’s (admittedly, not a minor thing for a big Braves fan), is there any other reason you like cable more? From my perspective, YTTV is better in pretty much better every other way - DVR, multiview, cost (though not nearly as much of a difference as when I first cut the cord).

I’m debating signing up for YTTV and keeping Spectrum until the playoffs start.

So I spend the day (and much longer) debating switching from Hulu to YTTV. Get home and turn on Hulu - ok, let’s remember what I like about it and decide if it’s worth the small hassle to change prior to football season launching. And before I get to the channels there’s a message telling me the price is going up in October. Welp

So how bad are we realistically expecting the weather to be tomorrow? Just saw that Davidson moved their game to tonight because of severe weather.

So how bad are we realistically expecting the weather to be tomorrow? Just saw that Davidson moved their game to tonight because of severe weather.
I actually think that the 11:00 AM kickoff might work in our favor with the weather. The forecast calls for scattered storms in the AM but then more widespread in the afternoon.

I mean, it's going to rain... but the wind isn't really going to be a factor.

Nobody's going to drown, but I could see a long day happening with a couple of soft lightning delays.Screenshot_20230908-092511.png

For what it's worth, there are quite a few Touchdown Club tickets listed on SeatGeek, for around $100/ea.

I know that's still steep, but it's less than face & Bridger might be a pretty decent place to hang out if/when storms roll through.

p.s. i'm not selling mine 🤷🏼‍♂️

For what it's worth, there are quite a few Touchdown Club tickets listed on SeatGeek, for around $100/ea.

I know that's still steep, but it's less than face & Bridger might be a pretty decent place to hang out if/when storms roll through.

p.s. i'm not selling mine 🤷🏼‍♂️
Better mask up

Could somebody on here with the means set up a Twitch broadcast or something for those of us in the Spectrum blackout?

@Liquid Karma @cookoutdeac - any ideas?

Last edited:
I've come around on this game. Like WF -10.

WF played better than the final score against Elon; Vandy has twice played worse than the final score against two weak teams. Deacs should feast on the Vandy secondary, and feeling like the WF defensive improvement is legit. Slightly worry about a backdoor Vandy cover, as can see WF getting out to an early lead, going conservative and Vandy making the game look closer than it was with a late score (the Vandy strength is their pass game). Deacs win, and the game goes under the 57.5 (fwiw, the total opened at 59.5; so, the action is on the under).

I've come around on this game. Like WF -10.

WF played better than the final score against Elon; Vandy has twice played worse than the final score against two weak teams. Deacs should feast on the Vandy secondary, and feeling like the WF defensive improvement is legit. Slightly worry about a backdoor Vandy cover, as can see WF getting out to an early lead, going conservative and Vandy making the game look closer than it was with a late score (the Vandy strength is their pass game). Deacs win, and the game goes under the 57.5 (fwiw, the total opened at 59.5; so, the action is on the under).
These numbers would predict a score around 24-34. So 4 scores for Vandy and five or six for Wake. With Wake getting the home field 3, only one score separating the two seems low.

Last year Wake opened -6 and -6.5 when Griffis was expected to be the starter. So that would've been -12/-12.5 if the game were in Winston. It moved to -13.5 by kickoff after Sam was announced and played. Wake won 45-25.

Is Vanderbilt 2 points better across the board than Wake is this year as Vegas has out there with current line at 10/10.5? No real idea at large but I do feel confident that Wake is at least a touchdown or so ahead of Vandy on a neutral field. Agree with Pilch here: Vandy very well may cover but I think we shred their corners all day and this isn't a good matchup for what they're trying to do on defense.

Last edited:
I’m debating signing up for YTTV and keeping Spectrum until the playoffs start.
I am doing a month of sling tv ($27.00) to have ESPN. If Spectrum still hasn't worked things out by the end of the September I will end it and go with youtube TV and figure something out in regards to Braves next year.

Back