• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Welcome to BzzOut!!

Jason's posts are as grating as they are insane. That said, I believe he spent some time overseas, which may be what the PTSD reference is to. I think there's plenty else in that post to mock and jeer, focus your e-wrath on those parts, as a courtesy on this holy American day.

Groundhog's Day?

Come on, Neuro, Schwabber, and company. You know you want to declare to the world your new-found BzzOutness.

While we wait, I'd be interested in getting a roll call of people who were BzzOut from day one and never deviated from that stance. As I recall, the initial hire was met with outrage and disbelief, but a substantial majority of posters reconciled themselves and/or became guardedly optimistic about the situation over the next few months, with the aid of Messrs Riley and Anthony, among others. A handful of us, however, held firm. Stand up and be recognized.

Come on, Neuro, Schwabber, and company. You know you want to declare to the world your new-found BzzOutness.

While we wait, I'd be interested in getting a roll call of people who were BzzOut from day one and never deviated from that stance. As I recall, the initial hire was met with outrage and disbelief, but a substantial majority of posters reconciled themselves and/or became guardedly optimistic about the situation over the next few months, with the aid of Messrs Riley and Anthony, among others. A handful of us, however, held firm. Stand up and be recognized.

In. Threatened to become a fan of another school when the news broke that fateful Friday afternoon. Should have done so. I knew the guy would suck, and he somehow managed to come in under even those expectations.

I was surprised when Dino was dismissed but assumed that our AD was not an idiot. When Buzz was announced, I was very disappointed. I tried to be optimistic but then the season started and I was firmly BuzzOUT by mid-December. However, I still felt like Wellman would realize his mistake and fix it. Anybody can make a mistake; real leaders own up to it and correct it. And after all, RW had no problem firing a winner! How hard could it be to fire an obvious loser?

When RW didn't fire Buzz after that first year, I knew that I had misjudged our AD. As I have dug deeper into his job performance, I see that my confidence in him was sorely misplaced. I now know that much of the LOWF attitude we see is due to his efforts to excuse his own poor performance.

Last edited:
I was surprised when Dino was let go. All I could figure was Wellman had a huge hire already worked out. Bz being leaked was a kick in the nuts...that has continued for four years. Was embarrassed by the hire. #buzzout from day 1.

I hated the hire. Remember exactly where I was when I heard the news and the subsequent first phone conversation to a friend about it. We gave ourselves a pep talk to cheer up. I remember the biggest initial concern was over his ability to recruit. We concluded that we hoped he would be an improvement over Skip/Dino in Xs and Os and that the Wake Forest name/brand and ACC would take care of recruiting. Was also willing to give him a pass after year 1 due to all the turnover and new players/freshmen. However never once bought into the culture talking point. Became definitively Bz out in December of year 2. Became Wellman out by the end of year 2 with "Oh Heavens Yes". Disagreed with retaining him for year 3 but understood it from a continuity standpoint with selling the job to the next coach. Lost so much respect for so many things Wake Forest when he was brought back for year 4. That subsequent anger will take a lot to reconsile by MSD in the future. Have been actively rooting against the Deacs all year (with the exception of Duke and UNC) so that the cancer will be removed and the healing can begin. I love Wake Forest basketball. It's beyond pathetic that die hard fans are now hoping they lose for the long term benefit of the program. That's on Ronald, Hatch and the BOT.

I gave him until the Presbyterian game in year 1 which I attended. I have been BuzzOut ever since. Fuck Ron Wellman too.

I gave him until the Presbyterian game in year 1 which I attended. I have been BuzzOut ever since. Fuck Ron Wellman too.

I gave him until that or Stetson... Whichever was second. The first I considered a fluke.

I gave him until that or Stetson... Whichever was second. The first I considered a fluke.

Stetson was the first game of the year. So it was probably Presby... Probably. #EsuranceSave30. Does that work on here too, btw?

word

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

1st thought-wtf did Dino do? Or who?
2-Where did RW find a guy named [Redacted]?
But then I thought surely he was smarter than me and he may turn out to be some diamond in the rough like Coach K turned out to be for Duke. Then I went to the first couple home games year 1 and was Buzzout although I didn't know about OGB @ the time.
3A-I met the guy and knew we were doomed on every front, especially recruiting and have felt sorry for the players stuck with him...especially CJ and Travis.
4-He is a major prick & so I can understand why he can't redirect DT's passion in a positive way.

I was surprised when Dino was dismissed but assumed that our AD was not an idiot. When Buzz was announced, I was very disappointed. I tried to be optimistic but then the season started and I was firmly BuzzOUT by mid-December. However, I still felt like Wellman would realize his mistake and fix it. Anybody can make a mistake; real leaders own up to it and correct it. And after all, RW had no problem firing a winner! How hard could it be to fire an obvious loser?

When RW didn't fire Buzz after that first year, I knew that I had misjudged our AD. As I have dug deeper into his job performance, I see that my confidence in him was sorely misplaced. I now know that much of the LOWF attitude we see is due to his efforts to excuse his own poor performance.

Pretty much this. I recognized [Redacted]'s name from coaching the Nuggets, so I was willing to give him a chance despite looking into his recent coaching history. By Presby, I was done.

After Presby (and the post game comments from [Redacted]) #BuzzOUT was born. Ahhhhh, memories.

It would be rather comical to be able to look back at all the meaningless neg reps now (if they existed then, obviously) for that BuzzOUT! thread started on DS a few Decembers ago. So many people wanted to believe in him year 1.

Bzzzout from day one. Said a high probability of turning into a disaster and best case was a multi-year rebuilding project to get back to where we were.

Pretty much this. I recognized [Redacted]'s name from coaching the Nuggets, so I was willing to give him a chance despite looking into his recent coaching history. By Presby, I was done.

This was me as well. I can't claim to have been buzz out from the very beginning. I recognized the name from the Nuggets and didn't know much about his college coaching career. It came out of left field and I was pretty pissed that we must have struck out on top choices but at least hoped he'd bring some X and O competence to the table. I remember seeing the final score for that first Stetson game...it doesn't matter how young you are, how new the coach is, how [insert another bzzin excuse], ACC teams don't lose that game. And we heard a lot of excuses that year.

Last edited:
Back