• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wes Miller named Head Coach at Cincinnati

Talking about our next coach is kind of ridiculous... It 100% depends on how Forbes leaves the program.

If he has success here, he elevates the position of Wake Forest head coach for the next hire.

If he struggles, I think it makes things even more dire. Because if someone like Forbes can't do it, who can?

Let’s be clear. Miller is not part of any discussion of the future of Wake Forest. That ship has sailed. Boat is long gone.

This thread is just pure spiking of the football. I didn’t bring it back up but whomever did thank you.

This is like spiking the football before kickoff.

Again, DR is talking out of his ass. There are a hundred different scenarios involving Miller that could involve him at Wake (or UNC) in the future. It all depends on variables that none of us have any idea of how they are going to play out. The absolute main variable is how does Wake do in the next 6-7 years with Forbes. If He elevates our program the way we hope he does, then our next coach is a completely different caliber than if Forbes has losing records the rest of his tenure. That is just basic logic but Donald Ross is so invested into jock sniffing Wes Miller that he doesn't understand that.

Again, DR is talking out of his ass. There are a hundred different scenarios involving Miller that could involve him at Wake (or UNC) in the future. It all depends on variables that none of us have any idea of how they are going to play out. The absolute main variable is how does Wake do in the next 6-7 years with Forbes. If He elevates our program the way we hope he does, then our next coach is a completely different caliber than if Forbes has losing records the rest of his tenure. That is just basic logic but Donald Ross is so invested into jock sniffing Wes Miller that he doesn't understand that.

Donnie Greensboro doesn't even know Wes Miller. He pretends to because they live in the same shithole town. He can jocksniff all he wants. Miller has no idea who the fuck he is.

Can you imagine the eyerolls that occur every time DR leaves the room ?

I’ve met DR in person (I doubt he knows my identity). I liked him in person. And I agree with him re our basketball arena to an extent. But I really disagree with Wes Miller being a once in a decade opportunity, or more. I’m not sure why he’s taken this position to such an extreme. If I had to pick right now, I’d take Forbes. Maybe I look like an idiot 5 years from now, but that’s my position

i mock DR as much as anyone and think he's a pompous windbag, but he had said a million times that wellman sucks, and I suspect he has said it to Wellman directly.

DR vs. Wellman predates the boards.

Isn’t much of this obsession because Wellman, and others(?), sent him to the kids’ table years ago?

If Wes does well at Cincy and the UNC job opens up, he's going to UNC.

I believe that if Wes did well at Wake and the UNC job opened up, he'd go to UNC.

I don't care about the names on the campus buildings. Mama would call and when Mama calls, you just have to come runnin'.

The Forbes health shit is fake news/projection. We've been in a pandemic since Forbes was hired, there's no social setting where donaldross would have had extended time w/ him.

Donnie Greensboro doesn't even know Wes Miller. He pretends to because they live in the same shithole town. He can jocksniff all he wants. Miller has no idea who the fuck he is.
You are dead wrong on this. Wes was in his office not too long ago

DR has posted a lot about hanging out in locker rooms with Wes. slightly creepy.

Back