• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF at SYRACUSE, Saturday 3:30 ESPN2

Nah. It’s how message boards work. We’re fans (fanatics). This board is similar. It’s just hard to see when you’re in the middle of it. We know you are the better team.

One person I think has predicted us to win on your board. I was cautious about Louisville as I think they are good and they always give us fits. I know we can win or lose any game left on our schedule but watching you guys against FSU i'm less worried than I was about Louisville.

We average over 35+ a game yet most of the Cuse board expects to hold us to low 20s or teens even.

Nah. It’s how message boards work. We’re fans (fanatics). This board is similar. It’s just hard to see when you’re in the middle of it. We know you are the better team.

I appreciate that..... However I still think our board overall leans to the pessimistic side due to a history of our Deacs choking in the spotlight

One person I think has predicted us to win on your board. I was cautious about Louisville as I think they are good and they always give us fits. I know we can win or lose any game left on our schedule but watching you guys against FSU i'm less worried than I was about Louisville.

Yeah. FSU is terrible. The smart Cuse fans know we’ll need a pretty magical night to beat the best team in the conference

Yeah. FSU is terrible. The smart Cuse fans know we’ll need a pretty magical night to beat the best team in the conference

I think you guys will be a good team but I think you are a year away. Looking at your roster you are incredibly young.

We cannot lose to Duke.

or Syracuse or Army or goodbye to "good to great"

Against Lville WF players dealt with playing under the spotlight of a national ranking. From my vantage point some players were distracted by the attention and not executing at the level coached BUT Lville was a good team. Our guys may not have truly expected Lville's level of talent. The rest of the season including this Saturday gets tougher simply because everyone is playing for something at the apex of the season. It is crunch time. In Duke's case they will be playing to beat a school they view as always beatable in everything. WF will win it but it may not be our best day either. Every opponent will have a reason to give the Deacs their best game. It is one thing to be ranked in the past. It is another thing to be ranked with a chance of winning it all. Deacs have not faced this challenge of playing with the really big target on the back before so they better buckle up, including this Saturday in New York.

Against Lville WF players dealt with playing under the spotlight of a national ranking. From my vantage point some players were distracted by the attention and not executing at the level coached BUT Lville was a good team. Our guys may not have truly expected Lville's level of talent. The rest of the season including this Saturday gets tougher simply because everyone is playing for something at the apex of the season. It is crunch time. In Duke's case they will be playing to beat a school they view as always beatable in everything. WF will win it but it may not be our best day either. Every opponent will have a reason to give the Deacs their best game. It is one thing to be ranked in the past. It is another thing to be ranked with a chance of winning it all. Deacs have not faced this challenge of playing with the really big target on the back before so they better buckle up, including this Saturday in New York.

Was the above created by a sports talk radio bot?

I'm not sure if any board is "similar" to this level of delusion. UNC and Louisville may be next closest. This is the ranking metric I trust most because it consolidates all of the top advanced metrics ranking systems and averages them out: https://masseyratings.com/cf/compare.htm

It has Wake at #15 and Cuse at #75. Y'all just lost to #97, but yeah, you should "dominate"

I'm not sure if any board is "similar" to this level of delusion. UNC and Louisville may be next closest. This is the ranking metric I trust most because it consolidates all of the top advanced metrics ranking systems and averages them out: https://masseyratings.com/cf/compare.htm

It has Wake at #15 and Cuse at #75. Y'all just lost to #97, but yeah, you should "dominate"

ETA: I do think it will be a good game in the dome. Shrader brings a new dynamic.

Better share that with vegas. Spread is still -6.5

I appreciate you joining in the discussion and wish opposing fans did that more often. However, I don't have to "share that with vegas." The way it works is I bet on Wake -6.5 and start thinking about how to use my free money.

This allegedly good Syracuse defense gave up 33 points to FSU without Milton. Travis was the more effective quarterback against our defense, but we had to game plan for both guys and also completely shut Travis down when he tried to run. He went for 1.5 yards per carry against Wake and 5.9 against Syracuse. He ran for 113 yards on 19 carries! FSU ran for 247 yards against your defense. Our rushing attack is at least equal to FSU, and our passing game is far better.

I predict we will stack the box and try and force you to throw. If it's successful in stopping the run, I think we win easily.

But were these the ones out for Louisville?

Correct, Fox, C. Davis, and Greer were out for Louisville, as well as Evan Slocum. Over the course of the game, it sounds like CBS and Garnes were also limited.

Injuries starting to mount in the Safety group, so hopefully a few of those can come back this week. The bye week before Army looks to be well timed.

As long as Wake can avoid turnovers, this should be a “another day at the office” type of game. Don’t need anything fancy or tricky, just stick with what has been working and it should be a fun win.

I assume there is still no air conditioning in the Carrier Dome. Almost suffocated in there about 2012. It was a night game in September, about 75 degrees during the day. Pray for cool weather up there on Saturday.

I assume there is still no air conditioning in the Carrier Dome. Almost suffocated in there about 2012. It was a night game in September, about 75 degrees during the day. Pray for cool weather up there on Saturday.

Such a stupid sponsor for that building.

I appreciate you joining in the discussion and wish opposing fans did that more often. However, I don't have to "share that with vegas." The way it works is I bet on Wake -6.5 and start thinking about how to use my free money.

This allegedly good Syracuse defense gave up 33 points to FSU without Milton. Travis was the more effective quarterback against our defense, but we had to game plan for both guys and also completely shut Travis down when he tried to run. He went for 1.5 yards per carry against Wake and 5.9 against Syracuse. He ran for 113 yards on 19 carries! FSU ran for 247 yards against your defense. Our rushing attack is at least equal to FSU, and our passing game is far better.

I predict we will stack the box and try and force you to throw. If it's successful in stopping the run, I think we win easily.

Haha. Good post. We know who the better team is. But the dome can be fun. Good luck Saturday

We just added AC. It’s very comfy now

Back