• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Baseball Off-season Thread

Kurtz should be heavily “recruited” NIL I’d imagine
If that was going to happen, we’d already be hearing about it IMO.

Maybe it’s wishful thinking, but I don’t really see a world where Kurtz transfers for NIL money

could be through wake colored glasses but it does seem like a situation where the guys have so much fun out there that even if there is a $$$ battle he gives a discount for sticking in Winston and playing with his friends.

Does anyone have any insight into the incoming freshman class? Is there anybody we should be nervous about losing to the draft?

here are the pg rankings https://www.perfectgame.org/College/CollegeCommitments.aspx?Grad=2022&college=1848

no top 100 guys (who are iffy to make it to campus), but overall looks pretty solid.

our top 100 guys from the past 10 years:

'22 - lowe (mlb)
'21 - hartle
'21 - heubeck (mlb)
'20 - miller (mlb)
'20 - wilken
'18 - lavigne (mlb)
'15 - whitley (mlb)
'15 - aiello

looking through while obviously not perfect, pg's hs rankings are pretty dang good

If there's any chance Sully comes back, we'll have a stacked weekend rotation again.

What are the chances Morningstar makes it to campus?

i’m so hyped for seaver king.

also was interesting that johnson and sullivan both are on cape cod rosters.

King looks awesome. We’ve got some guys but will certainly be replacing a lot of production.

If there's any chance Sully comes back, we'll have a stacked weekend rotation again.

What are the chances Morningstar makes it to campus?
If I had to bet I’d say neither is on campus next year. I think Sullivan has a better chance of returning than Morningstar has of coming. Seems like Morningstar has pretty good draft prospects but that’s just from reading through things the last few weeks

also potentially exciting. i can't recall the dates, but i know walter said some scholarship money opening late (presumably from isaiah lowe and gary gill-hill signing) really helped us make a splash in the transfer portal, despite not losing that much talent who i'd suspect were tying up a lot of scholarship money. ignoring NIL for now, a bunch of scholarship money freeing up should give us the opportunity to land an even better transfer class than this season's.

college baseball article from earlier this year: https://theathletic.com/4164024/2023/02/15/nil-college-baseball/

also potentially exciting. i can't recall the dates, but i know walter said some scholarship money opening late (presumably from isaiah lowe and gary gill-hill signing) really helped us make a splash in the transfer portal, despite not losing that much talent who i'd suspect were tying up a lot of scholarship money. ignoring NIL for now, a bunch of scholarship money freeing up should give us the opportunity to land an even better transfer class than this season's.

college baseball article from earlier this year: https://theathletic.com/4164024/2023/02/15/nil-college-baseball/
The nice thing about NIL is that the baseball scholarship limits don’t hurt us as much. We should at least be able to cover tuition for every kid.

Interesting that the list of freshman signees has three shortstops. Best player on their respective teams or???

Back