• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Baseball Off-season Thread

if ya had to pick between getting sullivan back or landing chase burns in the transfer portal, what would you choose? more generally, i'm kinda curious what impact the draft has on the transfer portal. draft picks technically have until august to sign.

if ya had to pick between getting sullivan back or landing chase burns in the transfer portal, what would you choose? more generally, i'm kinda curious what impact the draft has on the transfer portal. draft picks technically have until august to sign.
Chase Burns. Every top 25 team in the Country would want him as their #2

which one is better?

From D1Baseball re the BC head coaching job:

sources told D1Baseball that the Eagles are expected to pay around or less than $300K for their next head coach, while the assistant salary pool is expected to be near the bottom of the ACC unless the Eagles change course from a commitment standpoint. Though one must give Penn State athletic director Pat Kraft for making it happen with Gambino, it’s still a hit to the gut for BC to lose a coach to a middle-to-bottom of the pack Big Ten Conference job.

All I ever said is it was a premature statement that felt over the top for a guy who hadn’t proven it. Never understood why it was so controversial
I understood what you said and agreed a little. Keener stuff is nasty but everyone focuses on a couple of bad outings. I thought Keener would have been better as a starter with Sullivan coming out of the bullpen. Sullivan was awesome all year but his pitch count was not. Dude throws a ton of pitches. I imagine their roles will flip in pro ball.

Anyways, in a perfect world Keener would come back and be a weekend starter which results in being a first round draft pick next year. The reality is he is gone and he will be starting In the minors. Can’t blame him for taking the guaranteed money.

From D1Baseball re the BC head coaching job:

sources told D1Baseball that the Eagles are expected to pay around or less than $300K for their next head coach, while the assistant salary pool is expected to be near the bottom of the ACC unless the Eagles change course from a commitment standpoint. Though one must give Penn State athletic director Pat Kraft for making it happen with Gambino, it’s still a hit to the gut for BC to lose a coach to a middle-to-bottom of the pack Big Ten Conference job.
A lot of the flack schools fans of schools like FSU and Miami give to Wake about being "not serious enough" in terms of investments whether for results, facilities, coaches, etc really should be putting that ire towards two schools that aren't named Wake Forest or Duke.

BC has the worlds easiest decision ever. Offer Mike Glavine from 2 miles away the job. Northeastern has bad facilities and even though BC plays now on their Brighton campus which isn’t where most kids live they’ve got a brand new stadium and certainly deeper pockets than Northeastern.

The Texas A&M pitcher pulled his name out of the portal, staying with the aggies.

A lot of the flack schools fans of schools like FSU and Miami give to Wake about being "not serious enough" in terms of investments whether for results, facilities, coaches, etc really should be putting that ire towards two schools that aren't named Wake Forest or Duke.
Who else are you referring to other than BC? Pitt? GT? Cuse?

Back