• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF MBB - Game 13 - @BC 7pm Tuesday ACCN

Yeah the refs seem to let a lot go all game honestly across the board. I would have to go back and watch it to see his plays in particular. I thought he did a fantastic job of holding his ground and staying vertical for the most part.
That’s the key and what the officials “try” and look for, especially in the post—verticality. Basketball is a contact sport (compared to football which is a collision sport) and not all contact is a foul. Try to stay as vertical as possible, don’t slap down on arms of dribblers (flip up at the ball) or shot takers. Then if offense comes in to defense, they created the contact and you can at least hope for a no-call.

We are all probably still traumatized by the DJ Burns layup line last year.
We never figured out he always went to his left nor did we try to front him with helpside in back.

If it works for Rob Ryan in New Orleans:

30e68ce908db8b3.jpg

Looking sharp..

i've never understood what someone meant by "letting player X get his" and focusing on the rest

based on some sense that a player has a cap of what they can get or something

i've never understood what someone meant by "letting player X get his" and focusing on the rest

Yeah, it's probably a poor description of a defensive gameplan. Obviously a number of trade-offs in deciding how to play defense against a particular team. Doubling on the catch? Letting Post operate 1on1? And there are a couple of shooters on BC that you don't really want to help off of (Harris).

At the risk of sounding like a shill, I'm comfortable with however Forbes and staff decide to play it. And unlike our previous coach, I know Forbes will make adjustments at halftime on things that clearly aren't working.

Is it appropriate to wear basketball jerseys to games as a 33 year old? I’m going to anyway but I wanna see the general consensus on the topic
Enjoy wearing your jersey and cheering on the Deacs to victory. Who cares what others think.

My kid got me a Saints AT Perry jersey for Christmas and I'd sure as hell wear it to a Saints game. Maybe even to a Wake game.

It feels like 60% of people at NFL games are wearing jerseys, and most of them are grown men...why would basketball be any different?

I have a couple Peter Milar but I don’t know if it’s my vibe overall.
Peter Millar is better when you're 50+ and hiding a gut. Not a huge fan of the fit. I've liked the cut on Travis Mathew / Rhoback / Johnny O a lot better.

A football jersey is much more forgiving to a dad bod than a basketball jersey

My understanding of it the idea "letting player X get his" is that it's better to try to defend the best player within your normal defensive system as opposed to giving so much attention to him that you create significant opportunities for the other opposing players.

I think this idea makes a lot more sense when we are talking about Kevin Durant instead of Quinten Post though.

i mean, i was being a bit obtuse as I know what the gist of "letting a player get his" is trying to get at

i just think it's silly terminology

Back