• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU @ NCST 8:00pm ACCN

Enjoy being known as the school with the fraternity that fucks pigs at Tanglewood… bitch.
No fucking, I will have you know. Stolen from a butcher. Got him drunk, yes. That pig was then adopted. From bacon row to a happy life.

All that said, my worst day as a Deacon is better than the best day as a State alum. Good win, red was the better team last night. Enjoy, little bro

We have three tough games to go and can still finish nine and three. Sam passed for 400 yards today. What the fuck do you want him to do?
Realistically, quit throwing into double and triple coverage so much. Get rid of the ball quicker. Have the coaches put in some screen plays so the rush will not matter.

What troubles me is how we went from the greatest offensive show on earth with AT, Banks, Greene and Williams and Hartman feeding all of them to now a very pedestrian offense.

How did this happen in THREE short weeks!?!?!?
Probably due to our offensive line breaking down and Sam getting intense pressure, thus not having as much time to get downfield throws. Reminds of Pitt game and Wisconsin game and teams with those type players have figured us out

Way easier said than done.

I would argue a huge part of our offensive success has been because we have a scheme and our players are able to master it.

Anything we want to add comes at a cost — both literally in terms of dedicating time but also complexity for players that can lead to poor execution.

I’m not saying we should never try to optimize what we do (and our gameplan has evolved over time), but that there are significant trade-offs in trying to do new things that might seem like common sense.
Yeah, but I don’t think anyone is saying we go from slow mesh to pro style. Teams used run I formation, split back and shotgun in their offenses all the time. Not asking to throw the baby out with the bath water, but just a little more variety and creativity.

I am sure it has already been said, but how does State not have a pylon cam to determine if the downed punt crossed the goal line? Maybe we should throw a 2-year online tantrum...

I am sure it has already been said, but how does State not have a pylon cam to determine if the downed punt crossed the goal line? Maybe we should throw a 2-year online tantrum...
It was the right call.

Yeah, but I don’t think anyone is saying we go from slow mesh to pro style. Teams used run I formation, split back and shotgun in their offenses all the time. Not asking to throw the baby out with the bath water, but just a little more variety and creativity.
Especially since we don’t run the slow mesh every play. They already have the ability and practice to run other things.

I believe it only has to touch the goal line plane, same as a TD, to be ruled so.
More so, once ruled as not a touch back, why would be ball not be placed at the 7 yard line where it came to rest/covered? Can't believe the refs ruled down at the 1 as it was not DOWNED there but tossed back to the 7.

They can't even get their video board to work. A pylon cam is probably a bridge too far for the wuffeys. Besides, they need the money they'd spend on that to support the clogging and bass fishing teams.

Is the college rule that the ball is dead immediately where it is possessed and doesn’t matter if the punt-downer’s momentum carries him into the end zone? If so, then it was the right call. The fun, self-deprecating state fans sitting behind us seemed to think so.

Now the asshole classless state fans in front of us were apoplectic about the intentional grounding call on the attempted double pass. They didn’t understand the non-QB passer isn't afforded the same luxuries as the QB (there was a receiver in the area but the ball didn’t reach the line of scrimmage).

Bitch, I sold the coffee shop years ago and retired at 45. Nice try though.

I'll take things that didn't happen for 500 Alex. You may have sold it, but you didn't retire off a coffee stand at age 45.

My understanding is that for an RPO to be most effective, all THREE components (Run, Pass, QB Run) must be equal or close-to-equal threats. For whatever reason, Hartman no longer is a threat to run or even move outside of the pocket. When you remove 33% of your capabilities, it makes things far easier for the defense.

My understanding is that for an RPO to be most effective, all THREE components (Run, Pass, QB Run) must be equal or close-to-equal threats. For whatever reason, Hartman no longer is a threat to run or even move outside of the pocket. When you remove 33% of your capabilities, it makes things far easier for the defense.
Yeah, I love Sam and I’d hate to see him get hurt, but if he’s going to be taking snaps he’s got to be a running threat and our OC has to be willing to run him.

Why did we stop pressuring Morris after the 1st quarter?

What I don’t understand is why we don’t run the RB swing pass more. It’s in the playbook, never goes for fewer than 8 yards (probably because we run it so infrequently), and yet I can’t remember running it more than twice in a game (and it always seems to be early and then we forget about it). But even 4ish times a game would open things up.

I also miss the trap handoff/QB run we used to run with Wolford/Newman.

O-line is missing Zac Tom more than I thought they would. He could neutralize top pass rushers by himself and keep Sam's backside clean. That isn't happening this year against the better edge guys.
Good point, Tom was great in pass pro.

Yeah, I love Sam and I’d hate to see him get hurt, but if he’s going to be taking snaps he’s got to be a running threat and our OC has to be willing to run him.
That is the one thing missing from our scheme. Sam is not a true running threat with designed runs. That would help "a little". The truth is that the slow mesh is not like a true option where the line is firing off the ball to make the running back or QB the threat. Our backs are only a threat when Sam and the mesh make them so. There are no big holes to run through. These last 2 games Louisville and State caused so much pressure on the backfield SO QUICKLY that our running threat was non existent. We had 25 rush attempts for 33 yards including Sam(6 attempts) trying to avoid the rush and get sacked v State That's no running threat.

Back