• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2013 Pit Fantasy Baseball League (Year III)

I hated my Brandan Morrow pick during the draft, and I still hate it. Not only has had a pretty sorry year so far, but he's been hurt for a month and I don't have room for him on my DL. I really should drop him for a position player, but I hate dropping a guy I drafted that highly.

I call that Edwin Jackson syndrome - although he wasn't hurt, I kinda wish he was.

I guess someone needed to fill that role on my team this season. I've had Nelson Cruz on my team the past two years and he was amazingly frustrating.

I said never again to Max Scherzer after he was up and down two years ago. That was a super smart move. Real high-level analytical/critical thinking skills there.

I think actually managing my team and setting lineups might help me out a bit.

Should I trade Reyes or Segura when Reyes comes back?

I said never again to Max Scherzer after he was up and down two years ago. That was a super smart move. Real high-level analytical/critical thinking skills there.

I think I dropped him last year. Was fed up, even though his peripherals still looked good.

In light of that decision, I hung onto Dan Haren until this past week. Another brilliant move.

Also, pissed I lost to phan - had it close, lost TB by 3, tied in Runs.
Phan sucks.

Took down both 1st place Phan and 3rd place Orioles in back-to-back weeks, despite still having 4 guys on the DL.

Wil Myers going to lead this comeback!

Also, Rev seems to have set up some sort of machine where the first sniff of a prospect coming up triggers an automatic waiver to add him to his bench. Dude has been all over it.

RSS feed from MLBtraderumors.com ftw.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I picked up Rauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuul Ibanez because it is fun to type Rauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuul, as I say it in my head.

Also, I'd like to thank Black Marlins for allowing me to go 12-0 with pretty standard numbers. Cheers!

Yea, was out of town for a week with minimal wifi access, no idea what my roster was like. Flying back now.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I'll post our AL-only draft now if anybody feels like tossing any strategy out. A lot of us were auction draft virgins, but it was awesome. I'm gonna make everything anonymous, except the auto-draft roster is obvious.

C Geovany Soto(Tex - C)
1B Justin Smoak(Sea - 1B)
2B Jemile Weeks(Oak - 2B)NA
3B Ryan Roberts(TB - 2B,3B)
SS Mike Aviles(Cle - SS)
OF Chris Young(Oak - OF)
OF Chris Parmelee(Min - 1B,OF)
OF Jeff Francoeur(KC - OF)
Util Seth Smith(Oak - OF)
SP Scott Diamond(Min - SP)DL
SP Brad Lincoln(Tor - SP,RP)NA
SP --empty--
RP Joe Smith(Cle - RP)
RP Jerry Blevins(Oak - RP)
RP Jesse Crain(CWS - RP)
P Robbie Ross(Tex - RP)
P Junichi Tazawa(Bos - RP)
BN Brennan Boesch(NYY - OF)
BN Alberto Callaspo(LAA - 3B)
BN Jarrod Dyson(KC - OF)
BN Nate Jones(CWS - RP)
BN Steve Delabar(Tor - RP)
BN Hector Santiago(CWS - SP,RP)
DL Neftali Feliz(Tex - SP)DL

C A.J. Pierzynski(Tex - C)
1B Joe Mauer(Min - C,1B)
2B Jeff Keppinger(CWS - 1B,2B,3B)
3B Mark Trumbo(LAA - 1B,3B,OF)
SS Stephen Drew(Bos - SS)
OF Chris Davis(Bal - 1B,OF)
OF Alex Rios(CWS - OF)
OF Michael Brantley(Cle - OF)
Util Prince Fielder(Det - 1B)
SP Justin Verlander(Det - SP)
SP Alex Cobb(TB - SP)
SP Lucas Harrell(Hou - SP)
RP Luis Ayala(Bal - RP)
RP Clay Rapada(NYY - RP)
RP Hisashi Iwakuma(Sea - SP,RP)
P Colby Lewis(Tex - SP)
P Wade Davis(KC - RP)
BN Brendan Ryan(Sea - SS)
BN Nate McLouth(Bal - OF)
BN Jamey Carroll(Min - 2B,3B,SS)
BN Steve Johnson(Bal - SP,RP)
BN Bartolo Colon(Oak - SP)NA
BN Darren Oliver(Tor - RP)

I'm about to lose this week.

Obviously our rosters look different than draft day, but....yeah. It's ugly.

Hey, i'm in the market for a solid saves guy if anyone wants to talk... This league is much more competitive than most of my espn leagues, and in fact, I use a lot of your pick-ups to help me on the espy side. : )

Ghost

I could be talked into giving up one of my relievers. What is your teams name in the league?

Marquee matchup in saves last week between me and stonz. He won the BATTLE 2-1.

deacvision7,
I'm team Bootyism. Which one is yours?

Thanks,
Mike

P.S. Townie, i won stolen bases (1-0) a few weeks back w/Carlos Santana as my one base theif. I need Ricky Henderson to come back at age 56!

I'm interested in trading a reliever for a bat.

Hebrew Hammer closers:
-Grilli
-Betancourt
-Benoit

Ideally, I'd like to do a 2-for-1. I give a closer and a 3B (for example), get a much better 3B.

PM or send me an offer if interested.

who is best coast beasts? they have all the saves and have yet to make a move on the year.

Whoever it is also autodrafted and ended up with 2 starters and 5 or 6 relievers. Fuck them.

Back