• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 College Football Coaching Carousel

Saban sniffing around Georgia DC Glenn Schumann after Golding's departure.

Clemson's offense has been massively underperforming its talent the last couple of years, under Tony Elliot and Streeter. Getting Garrett Riley will be a huge improvement for them.
I think it will improve simply by no longer have DJ.

Saban sniffing around Georgia DC Glenn Schumann after Golding's departure.
A bit strange that Golding left for a lateral position at a lesser program. My guess is that Nick gave him a kindly nudge, probably knowing who his replacement would be in advance.

Another name that would fit well at Wake: Luke Tribble. DC, STC DB coach at D2 Harding College.

I think it will improve simply by no longer have DJ.

It was typical Wake luck that the little bastard couldn't miss a pass if he tried when they played us! He never looked the same the rest of the season. I'm sure our defense helped with matters but still....

My friend at the U told me he heard Gattis was gone, but it hasn't happened yet.

He texted me this morning to tell me the Gattis news will be coming soon.

Ed Reed was slated to be the head coach at Bethune-Cookman, but they withdrew the offer after he made some negative comments about the facilities on social media.

His side is that the negotiations for his contract included significant university commitment to facilities upgrades. Apparently the university board etc. didn't want to commit to that in writing in his contract.

I’m with BCU there. Part of Ed Reed’s job is to bring in the resources to make that happen. A small private HBCU probably can’t make that upfront commitment in a contract.

I’m with BCU there. Part of Ed Reed’s job is to bring in the resources to make that happen. A small private HBCU probably can’t make that upfront commitment in a contract.
Is it the head coach's job or the Athletic Director's job? The university has to at least undertake a capital campaign to raise money. Its really hard to raise money for facilities if there isn't even an artist's rendering of the proposed buildings.

BCU was planning to hire a name coach with no coaching experience to boost the profile in order to get the resources. I'm sure the AD has been trying. Most HBCUs just don't have the resources and donor base to just have a capital campaign for sports.

It's just strange for a guy with no head coaching experience to make demands. They're taking a risk on him that he can elevate the program.

BCU was planning to hire a name coach with no coaching experience to boost the profile in order to get the resources. I'm sure the AD has been trying. Most HBCUs just don't have the resources and donor base to just have a capital campaign for sports.

It's just strange for a guy with no head coaching experience to make demands. They're taking a risk on him that he can elevate the program.

I agree ith what you said. I had read that supposedly there was a handshake agreement in principle with all that stuff in it. Then the school wouldn't honor the agreement when it was put in writing.

I gather Ed Reed was trying to do for Bethune-Cookman what Sanders did for Jackson State. However, it appears he wanted the school to invest, rather than him shaking trees and beating bushes to get money moving in.

It will be interesting to see if Jackson State can sustain success after Coach Prime.

Back