• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 College Football Coaching Carousel

Harsin fired by Auburn. Why now?
The theory with these mid-season firings is it gives the school a head start on the coaching search, instead of waiting until the end of the year when there is a bunch of activity at the same time across the country. But in practice, not sure how much of an advantage it actually is

Updated coaching hot seat rankings

Some names of coaches who just got hired or extended. Also, interesting that Pat Fitzgerald is #3. Not only is he football legend at NW, you would think NW would have realistic expectations and he coached NW to a Big 10 West title two years ago. BC's Jeff Hafley is top 10. Everyone thought he was great a year ago.

There are a few names on that list that would be hired elsewhere pretty much immediately if they got fired.

But I guess that's why they call it a carousel.

Interesting that Tony Elliot's name doesn't appear on that list as UVA sucks.
UVA is going to give Elliot another season, but he will be fired before a lot of guys on the hot seat.

Hilarious to me that Mario Cristobal is listed. He was allegedly the Canes' savior. Where else can Miami go if they fired him? Miami has done more damage to the ACC's football reputation than any other program, and its not close. When the ACC extended the invite to Miami, they were expected to be elite. Well, not only are the Canes far from elite, they are terrible every year. Over the past 5 years, would guess Miami has the worst record in OOC games against other Power V schools of any ACC team, with the possible exception of GT. The Canes may have the worst OOC Power V record of any Power V program over that span. They aren't even mediocre. The ACC thought they were getting a dominant attention grabbing program. Instead, they got a giant stinking turd.

UVA is going to give Elliot another season, but he will be fired before a lot of guys on the hot seat.

Hilarious to me that Mario Cristobal is listed. He was allegedly the Canes' savior. Where else can Miami go if they fired him? Miami has done more damage to the ACC's football reputation than any other program, and its not close. When the ACC extended the invite to Miami, they were expected to be elite. Well, not only are the Canes far from elite, they are terrible every year. Over the past 5 years, would guess Miami has the worst record in OOC games against other Power V schools of any ACC team, with the possible exception of GT. The Canes may have the worst OOC Power V record of any Power V program over that span. They aren't even mediocre. The ACC thought they were getting a dominant attention grabbing program. Instead, they got a giant stinking turd.
That list is not remotely accurate. Jedd Fisch is not on the hot seat at all.

Iowa State and Matt Campbell are 3-5 with 5 straight losses and Ok State and TCU still on the schedule. They may not make bowl eligibility.

Tom Allen and Indiana are 3-5 with 5 straight losses, including a loss to Rutgers, and a remaining schedule of Penn State, Ohio State, Michigan State, and Purdue.

I'm not sure what the contract situation is for either of those guys but if they're safe, it's because of the buyout.

Captain Obvious, I know... But Matt Campbell perhaps should have cashed in on a big payday prior to this season.

I'm sure he's happy where he's at, but that dude left a lot of money on the table.

I always wonder if Campbell and Fickell are actually offered these jobs they're linked with, or are they always 3rd, 4th, 5th options that don't make it that far?

Now with 7 pretty decent jobs open it'll be interesting to see who goes where. The open jobs in order of prestige are Auburn, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Arizona St, and Colorado or GaTech.

Is there any chance any of these jobs fill before then end of the season by bringing in someone who isn't currently coaching?

With the recruiting calendar what it is nowadays, it wouldn't surprise me to see an early hire or two from candidates that aren't currently employed.

Looking like Wisconsin will keep Jim Leonhard as their coach. Official announcement could come soon.

Cosmo Kramer would have been all in on this😂

Now with 7 pretty decent jobs open it'll be interesting to see who goes where. The open jobs in order of prestige are Auburn, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Arizona St, and Colorado or GaTech.

Is there any chance any of these jobs fill before then end of the season by bringing in someone who isn't currently coaching?
I think Wisconsin is definitely a more prestigious job than Nebraska. It’s not 1985.

Back