• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-2024 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread

Good job stopping that 3-game home losing streak last night Xavier (book ended by losses to powerhouses Oakland and Delaware), against your equally inept crosstown rival. I'm sure their coach poured one out for their properly-sized arena post game as they climbed back to .500 on the season!

Haha! You’re right! Although I haven’t thought the Big 12 is overrated.
The problem I have is the contradictions between football and bball. ACC may have a bottom half problem in bball, but the Big 10 certainly has that in football and they don’t get dinged for it. On the flip side we’ve been pretty strong top-to-bottom in football yet we always get slammed for it. We still have a strong top in bball which is basically just like the SEC and Big 10 in football.
acc bsketball has the same bottom half problem as big 10 football just without three top 10 teams to go with it

Also wake does this as well. Paid for by the collective. Of course since you don’t go to wake games you don’t know this but don’t let facts get in the way of your epic tales
Hell, if you have watched a game on TV this year you have seen the ads quite clearly.

Since abandoning the silliness of playing in an oversized civic venue in 2000, Xavier has been to 7 Sweet 16s.

Last night I also noticed that they were also trying to stay ahead of their competitors like Wake by promoting their basketball only NIL fund on their Jumbotron repeatedly. It had a big pic of the bar code on the screen for you to snap and donate on the spot.

This was not a purchased ad. Just a school doing all they can to stay relevant in men’s basketball. No infighting. The only hatred was towards the Bearcats.
Did you stay in Wes's guesthouse? I'm sure he is homesick for the Shitsboro!

These Duke coaches really panned out like Kelsey and Miller.

Obviously, we missed our window to hire any of them. I wonder who the next crop of Coaches are that we would have a chance at. I think it's been proven we can't wait until they are on other folks radar and find success. They have little interest in us then.

I guess Justin Gray is our likely next Coach. Justin loves Wake so he fits the mold as someone who might stick around. I also really like Kevin Giltner at Virginia Tech.

What do you young folks see out there as others who are young and hungry and are obvious to be successful D1 coaches one day. Those of us actually paying attention knew that would be the case for Capel, Miller, and Kelsey. Who is the next crop?
Wait what has Wes Miller accomplished again?

Boston College trying to carry the league with a victory over St John’s today.

More than 60% of all Big 12 games will offer Quad 1 opportunities. 33% for the ACC. Less than the Mountain West:

Back