• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 NASCAR Thread - Goodbye Ken Squier

Dale Jarrett ran an Arnold Palmer car in 2004. How am I just now learning about this nearly 20 years later?
ecf4071edf9ff9b273c7f1028097cfc6.jpg

Haha, I've been following NASCAR pretty religiously since my first race in 1985. 2004 was just after college, so I may have spaced out then.

Already turning into a joke. They make the Xfinity race official even though it didn’t get to halfway. So we’re literally just out here making up rules now.

This was always the issue with a street race, and why it hasn't been done in the previous 75 years. You're held to a strict time limit due to needing to reopen the roads, and even with rain tires, stock cars do not do well in rainy conditions.

This has been a joke imo. Hopefully SVG pulls this off so this has no real playoff impact.

I'd love to see him win it. Imagine the worldwide coverage. Unless Haley pulls a unicorn out of his ass, I don't see how SVG doesn't overtake him. SVG is just so damn smooth.

Mission accomplished for NASCAR. International story that will have people talking for a while.
I just don’t see how it actually pays off. They spent $50 mil to set up the track and will do so 2 more times. The goal is to gain new fans. Yes, some people went and tuned in yesterday that normally don’t. How many of those will tune in next week at Atlanta? Or for Pocono or Martinsville? Like 10?

I'm sure they see it the same way they consider the LA Coliseum a success. New eyes on the event, lots of buzz in the city and social media, plus having a foreign winner in his first start will have the world talking about it for some time. r/nascar is gushing right now with posts from Australia, F1 fans, and even quotes from r/chicago singing it's praises.

Back