• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Wake Baseball Thread: What Did We Do To Deserve This?

nice rhino.

but seaver gotta cool it with some of this two out baserunning, keith law was hating on his unnecessary risk taking in his series report this week

I'd like to see Hawke there with 2 outs. Take 2 strikes with the 3 ball count. You need base runners. Give that pitcher a chance to walk us into an opportunity.

Sent from my SM-S711U using Tapatalk

I’m not sure if I’m more concerned with the midweek pitching or the defense. It’s been an adventure.

the midweek guys who struggled, we can plausibly get by without. last season we had three weekend starters with four bullpen arms and that was pretty much it.

we could easily have more pen depth without anyone who pitched today (roland, falco, ray, wade, leffew, gunther).

the defense we kind of appear stuck with though.

Last edited:
17 runs on 12 hits. 9 BBs, 10 HBPs and 2 WPs. I didn't think we could shoot ourselves in the foot worse than Sunday, but here we are. And it won't get any easier.
Didn’t last year we have like 9 errors at CC in a similar shit show type of game? Maybe something in the air down in Conway.

All these HBP, are we trying to stoke some kind of rivalry with Coastal or something 😄

Good grief - some of those pitches were absurdly bad. I assumed most of the HBPs were guys just getting a riding fastball a little too inside or clipping an elbow with a late breaker - but no, some of those looked like someone throwing a whiffle ball with the holes in the wrong spot. Or even worse, like a bad first pitch thrown by a celebrity. 50 Cent was even embarrassed for a few of those.

Do many of you still think it was good to lose players to transfer?

I think our pitching was over hyped. How about you? Have you honestly seen a D1 game with that terrible of pitching? I saw a lot of Guilford College baseball where my son-in-law played. Nothing close to this performance.

This pitching with the terrible aspects in every other area means an exit to the Top 25 in a couple of weeks.

Last edited:
Do many of you still think it was good to lose players to transfer?

I think our pitching was over hyped. How about you? Have you honestly seen a D1 game with that terrible of pitching? I saw a lot of Guilford College baseball where my son-in-law played. Nothing close to this performance.

This pitching with the terrible aspects in every other area means an exit to the Top 25 in a couple of weeks.
Go away. I really am not sure your goal on these boards. If you are a parody then I tip my hat and have the utmost respect for the commitment to the bit Lord knows I love a committed bit.

If you are posting in earnest here…why? You have nothing of value to add other than complaining and misery. Not a single cogent thought in 2,239 posts.

Last edited:
Back