• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Aaron Curry traded to Raiders

FWIW his replacement had the same number of tackles as I did today.

I also didn't pay super close attention to his replacement to be fair. They spent a good portion of the game in Nickel and other DB heavy packages against the Cards.

yahoo has AC listed as "trending now."

could that possibly be a good thing?

That was pretty much what I thought at the time. I'm just adding fuel to the fire here. I would guess that Aaron remembers his days playing for Grobe and playing with his teammates as some of the best times in his life. How could he not?

I believe in his talent. I think all that rain in Seattle has him in a funk. Put that guy in Jacksonville and he's all-pro.

IIRC, he said something afterwards about loving Wake football but not the school.

The UNC obsession is too much for me. I can't handle it. And its not alright to root for your "childhood" team over your alma mater. Indiana was my childhood team and I wouldn't care if they died in a fire.

IIRC, he said something afterwards about loving Wake football but not the school.

The UNC obsession is too much for me. I can't handle it. And its not alright to root for your "childhood" team over your alma mater. Indiana was my childhood team and I wouldn't care if they died in a fire.

Maybe a tad strong ;)

Still.... This ^^^

This board is amazing. If he's tearing it up, he's the greatest Deac ever and you love him. He struggles, and suddenly it's good riddance UNC loving underachiever. Sheesh. Remember Calvin Pace's struggles his first few years in the NFL?

This board is amazing. If he's tearing it up, he's the greatest Deac ever and you love him. He struggles, and suddenly it's good riddance UNC loving underachiever. Sheesh. Remember Calvin Pace's struggles his first few years in the NFL?

You're wrong here. Our attitude toward AC has very little to do with his NFL success, and way more to do with his dismissive attitude towards Wake. Check out his tarhole-riffic twitter account for reference.

You're wrong here. Our attitude toward AC has very little to do with his NFL success, and way more to do with his dismissive attitude towards Wake. Check out his tarhole-riffic twitter account for reference.

I wouldn't care if he was a pro bowler last year and on his way this year, I would still feel the same with regards to how he's seemingly distanced himself from the football program.

Yep, I grew up an NC State fan, and I went to grad school there, and there is no way I pull for them now. None. Period.

BostonDeac said:
pretty sure people are allowed to cheer for whoever they want

And folks choose not to cheer for AC anymore, so I guess you are right. That being said, he'll come back around. I'm still proud of him.

And folks choose not to cheer for AC anymore, so I guess you are right. That being said, he'll come back around. I'm still proud of him.

It's kind of like your child, you can be disappointed in them, yet still proud of them. I'll always be proud of AC and what he did at Wake, but I'm a little disappointed in him right now.

That's pretty condescending, liveanddie.

That's pretty condescending, liveanddie.

No, it's not. I will always be proud of AC and what he did at Wake. If it is true that he has kind of disregarded the football program, I am disappointed in him. Same would go if it were Sam Swank or somebody else.

Edited to say, I'm sure AC could give a flip what I or anybody else on this board thinks. However, that is how I feel.

AC needs to go to Baltimore and learn under Terrell Suggs and Ray Lewis. That D needs some more youth and with vets Lewis, Reed, Suggs, Ngata and Redding in place, he would be able to learn how to play in the limelight without being expected to make so many big plays, and when he makes a mistake a guy like Ray Lewis will be right behind him to clean it up. He has too much pressure on him in Seattle I believe and its starting to show, so he needs to go to a stout D like the Ravens who could use another OLB and I think AC will become the beast like he was at Wake in a couple years. Also, another thing about Seattle, I dont think its the right place for Curry, he is such a fast LB and Seattle has a really slow defense, he's just not in sync with the rest of the D. If they had faster players on that D I think it would REALLY help Curry as he wouldnt be the only defensive player within 10 yards of an offensive player trying to make the tackle. In short, he's too fast for Seattle. Which is another reason Baltimore would be a perfect fit for AC.

I have no problem if AC is a UNC fan. I understand what it means to grow up being a fan of a school and going somewhere else for college. We have posters on this board that grew up Wake fans and went elsewhere for school that are still Wake fans. Personally, I fell in love with Wake and I will always be a fan. He spent five years here and for him maybe it was just a way to play football.

The only thing that I would hope is that he not speak poorly of the program. Wake gave him an opportunity that only one other school was offering. Wake offered him the platform to showcase his talent and that allowed him to get to the next level.

His support of UNC put that chip on his shoulder that SDeacz pointed out motivated him at Wake. I don't remember him speaking poorly of the program. I remember him speaking about why the program is doing poorly.

I hate UNC, but I don't think any differently of him than the Ohio State fans who post here or guys like dv7 who would burn Wake to the ground if his ManU overlords told him too. Not only that, but AC has done a ton more for Wake football than any of us, so who cares if he's a UNC fan.

I have no problem if AC is a UNC fan. I understand what it means to grow up being a fan of a school and going somewhere else for college. We have posters on this board that grew up Wake fans and went elsewhere for school that are still Wake fans. Personally, I fell in love with Wake and I will always be a fan. He spent five years here and for him maybe it was just a way to play football.

The only thing that I would hope is that he not speak poorly of the program. Wake gave him an opportunity that only one other school was offering. Wake offered him the platform to showcase his talent and that allowed him to get to the next level.

That's it exactly. Maybe we're all off base here, but based on tweets and using his high school during Sunday Night football intros, it seems he has issues with the football program. If there isn't, then I apologize.

Back