• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basketball Head Coach Candidates

After we land in Super Conference USA, maybe we can hire an up and coming high school coach.

I'm on the Fuller bandwagon as well. My only real fear of firing [Redacted] is that I think he freshman can be very good and it would be a shame to lose them. Fuller seems like he would be able to convince those guys to stay on board.

Nothing in Wellman's career suggests he will hire someone with NO experience as a head coach at any level. Fuller is a Wake guy and was a well-respected student-athlete on campus when I was there, but I don't think there's any way in the world Wellman would hire him.

Nothing in Wellman's career suggests he will hire someone with NO experience as a head coach at any level. Fuller is a Wake guy and was a well-respected student-athlete on campus when I was there, but I don't think there's any way in the world Wellman would hire him.

Then Wellman has to go, too.

your logic and realistic point of view are not welcome here

I mean, I'm not trying to be a buzzkill, but if we're going to have this conversation, might as well be realistic.

as evidenced by this classic picture of a hs chris paul hanging out with our future head basketball coach:

25_Paul-and-Fuller.JPG

obviously, they're MAD close

Sorry, we can't afford to be a training ground. Tim Fuller has never coached a game in HS or college. It's too big a chance to take,

Buzzkillers! Buzzkillers!

How about that fiery ginger John Pelphrey?

Sorry, we can't afford to be a training ground. Tim Fuller has never coached a game in HS or college. It's too big a chance to take,

what's the worst that happens? we get last place in the acc?

That's fine if Wellman delivers us Shaka or someone of equivalent stature. In my book Ron is one for two. Prosser was a good call and Bzzz is Satan's feces. We need an exciting hire and someone who will really engage the fan-base and recruits. If he takes a shot on Fuller and we suck then at least we tried to re-energize this corpse we now call a basketball team. If he goes conservative and we don't deliver recruits or bring the fans back then his legacy at Wake will forever be the man who killed Wake basketball. Go out swinging, Ron. *I'd also be more than happy if he quit, got canned, etc…right now.

His team has so much energy and confidence. It just showed. All 5 of his guys were on the floor after a loose ball

BTW, Rick Barnes lost to the real USC. JTT 2-9 (1-4 on 3s), 4-4, 9 points. Ari Stewart DNP.

Back