• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Biden

I don't get sucked into a lot of stupid political arguments, but the fact that his dog has bitten a bunch of secret service folks does irrationally bother me. Maybe Commander is just like Hunter? You gotta love the person even though they make mistakes?

Avian flu is truly scary.
Back 20 years or so ago during the "bird flu" outbreak one of my roommates was home during the day and found a dead bird in the yard. Called for removal.

You gonna test?
Nope, they're all coming back positive.

Back 20 years or so ago during the "bird flu" outbreak one of my roommates was home during the day and found a dead bird in the yard. Called for removal.

You gonna test?
Nope, they're all coming back positive.
Was there a emergency broadcast test that day?

It would be nice if Congress had the guts to tackle immigration reform instead of leaving the citizenry to insult each other over the handling of immigrants.

Bullshit, not an anti immigrant argument at all. If suddenly 250,000 Poles flooded into the US with no documentation, no means of support and a government not willing to support them, I would feel the same way. I am a Grandson of immigrants and thankful they were admitted to this Country. I also believe that we need a policy to support a yearly number of immigrants. But opening the borders with no plan to support them is criminal in itself.
It's not sudden, it's been going on for 30-40 years.

How do you post this stuff so confidently despite there being entire libraries of books that you could read that would contradict your post?
Yes, educate this dumb old man who is so easily lead around by others. Born yesterday, knows little, cares less.
That smug, better than thou attitude is why so many individuals, many over 50 turn easily away from those who you support and defend.

I mean when you just take right wing talking points at face value without investigating or using a critical eye to figure out 1) how accurate they are or 2) what their interest is in reporting things a certain way then what are we supposed to do

Until we start focusing on the real problem (overstayed visas), instead of the fun, racist problem (border crossings), I'm not going to take the "WE HAVE TO STOP THIS ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION NOW" stance seriously.

The wonderful thing about the internet is that you can pretty much research anything to verify before posting.

Really?? Talking points?? Right Wing?? You have to be an idiot or have your head totally in the sand to not admit there is an major immigration problem on our southern border.
Sure it's been going on for years. Sure there is no easy solution. But to say its status quo and is ONLY because its southern hemisphere bias, is totally ignorant.

How do you say “sure it’s been going on for years” and “saying it’s status quo is ignorant” in back to back sentences?

Really?? Talking points?? Right Wing?? You have to be an idiot or have your head totally in the sand to not admit there is an major immigration problem on our southern border.
Sure it's been going on for years. Sure there is no easy solution. But to say its status quo and is ONLY because its southern hemisphere bias, is totally ignorant.

Ok, let's do this. Provide statistics showing the percentage of illegal immigration into America by category over the past 10 years - overstayed visas vs. border crossings.

Then we can have a conversation as to why we are building a stupid ass wall that will never work, instead of focusing in on the real issue.

That is why they are "stupid right wing talking points", because they are meant to stir up an emotional response based on who is doing the crossing, instead of a logical response of how we could actually fix the majority of the immigration issue. It's so ingrained at this point that you never even stopped to think what the single biggest cause to illegal immigration in the USA is - you just assumed it was border crossings because it's all we ever hear about.

If I give you a problem and say there are two issues causing 60% of the problem and 40% of the problem, which one are you going to focus on fixing first?

Ok, let's do this. Provide statistics showing the percentage of illegal immigration into America by category over the past 10 years - overstayed visas vs. border crossings.

Then we can have a conversation as to why we are building a stupid ass wall that will never work, instead of focusing in on the real issue.

That is why they are "stupid right wing talking points", because they are meant to stir up an emotional response based on who is doing the crossing, instead of a logical response of how we could actually fix the majority of the immigration issue. It's so ingrained at this point that you never even stopped to think what the single biggest cause to illegal immigration in the USA is - you just assumed it was border crossings because it's all we ever hear about.

If I give you a problem and say there are two issues causing 60% of the problem and 40% of the problem, which one are you going to focus on fixing first?

What's the real issue with immigration again ?

Yes, educate this dumb old man who is so easily lead around by others. Born yesterday, knows little, cares less.
That smug, better than thou attitude is why so many individuals, many over 50 turn easily away from those who you support and defend.
Arrogant, smug, and an absolute certainty that you can't possibly be wrong is not a good way to go through life.

I don't get sucked into a lot of stupid political arguments, but the fact that his dog has bitten a bunch of secret service folks does irrationally bother me. Maybe Commander is just like Hunter? You gotta love the person even though they make mistakes?

While it has zero impact on his ability to govern, he needs to get his fucking dogs and/or the situations he puts them in under control.

Back