• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 504.2.11: And you can hold me, like he held her, and I will chat here like nothing matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
how was manning successful at tulsa? luck?
He...wasn't. He went 17-16 (181st in KP), and then 21-13 (82nd in KP). His second year he tied for the regular season title in C-USA at 13-3, and then won the tournament by upsetting Louisiana Tech in the finals. We then hired him.

Decent second year at Tulsa - no way he should have been hired to Wake Forest to replace the worst coach in our history based on that resume alone. That's the danger in taking a coach who is "lucky" in a one post-season sample size to be your new head coach.

He basically sustained what Wojcik had done at Tulsa for the five seasons prior to him arriving. The 181 KP ranking his first season was the second worst finishing spot for Tulsa since KenPom started (so 2nd worst out of 17 seasons prior).

trying to figure out what our actual Thanksgiving day will look like. The meal is at the Grove Park at 12:30 so what after that? Don't really wanna hang out in my in-laws' room, and nowhere else is open. maybe we can go to the indoor pool. but they're not exactly the sit around and drink and watch football kinda crowd. hopefully we just hang til like 4:30 then we can head home.
is that bar in the lobby of Grove Park closed? That'd be a good place to sit and drink while they occupy their grandchild

winning this CT would be a dubious honor, as it brings the badge of shame for taking 2 weeks to complete due to the slow traffic over the holiday.

plus you're having to follow DiV's well thought out tittles and that's big shoes to fill

He...wasn't. He went 17-16 (181st in KP), and then 21-13 (82nd in KP). His second year he tied for the regular season title in C-USA at 13-3, and then won the tournament by upsetting Louisiana Tech in the finals. We then hired him.

Decent second year at Tulsa - no way he should have been hired to Wake Forest to replace the worst coach in our history based on that resume alone. That's the danger in taking a coach who is "lucky" in a one post-season sample size to be your new head coach.

He basically sustained what Wojcik had done at Tulsa for the five seasons prior to him arriving.
are we negrepping people for random KP drops or not?

i'm not doing so here because we're mocking danny manning and KP helps

did we hire steve forbes based on one good season? asking for a friend who doesn't want to visit the sports board

The sad thing is that all this frustration is over simply making the tournament. Not exactly a high bar. Forbes has brought in some exciting talent but at some point you just have to win.

is that bar in the lobby of Grove Park closed? That'd be a good place to sit and drink while they occupy their grandchild
I hope it's open. I assume the fireplaces won't be running due to the burn ban, but it's supposed to rain all day tomorrow so IDK.

we have other plans the rest of the days just trying to think about what to do on the holiday itself.

i don't think a burn ban affects use of indoor fireplaces right?

Can someone find all the posts from about a month ago where I was told to stop talking sports on the thread and that people come here to get away from the sports talk?
Says the guy who redirected us form a discussion about DV7's 5.75" early on a Monday:

I would argue a large swath of the population is miserable on a day to day basis for reasons that are often not easy to put into words, so sports become an easy outlet to express those feelings it’s much easier to say you’re upset about a sporting event you have no control over than it is things in one’s own life. There’s an entire industry dedicated to letting people vent their frustrations for sports. No one ever calls in to sports talk radio to compliment the refs or say how happy they are with the job the coach is doing. So if people want to use sports or in this case, wake sports as an outlet, I don’t see the harm. I like the way Clawson put it, it’s when they stop caring is the problem.

I’m just looking forward to Thursday when Windy posts what he cooked for Thanksgiving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back