• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Disco Dan on the GT Debacle

Maybe it's the hindsight talking, but it's crazy to compare Josh and Devin. Different passion.

Text(s) tonight from a buddy who went to 'Cuse:

Him: "Looks like your boy Thomas mouthed off more today than he scored. What's his deal?"

Me: "Not my boy. Can't stand him."

Him: "Boeheim might be able to fix him? Though there was Fab Melo"

Me: "Only person who could fix him is dead. RIP Skip"

Him: "Skip wouldn't have given a dude who can't jump a scholly"

Me: "Truth."

[Redacted] or not, Devin's fool-punk-douche act is beyond old at this point. Also, he's overrated by a fan base desperate for talent. Big E would steal his lunch and draw him a portrait of Devin Emo Tears for effect. Put up or shut up, bro. The whiny poser bit is embarrassing.

Another indictment of Buzz:

Same night as Cuse game...Dez Wells gets 2 fouls in the 1st half early for MD...Turgeon sits him down for the rest of the half with 0 points.

Second half, Wells goes off for 21 including a late 3 essentially to win the game.

Juxtapose that with what we got from CMM after he picked up his 3rd foul in the first half vs. Cuse - nada - and a big fat loss.

Another indictment of Buzz:

Same night as Cuse game...Dez Wells gets 2 fouls in the 1st half early for MD...Turgeon sits him down for the rest of the half with 0 points.

Second half, Wells goes off for 21 including a late 3 essentially to win the game.

Juxtapose that with what we got from CMM after he picked up his 3rd foul in the first half vs. Cuse - nada - and a big fat loss.

In any key coaching situation you can count on Bzzz to make the wrong decision.

Wish you guys could have heard the Travis postgame interview. Total class act who comes across very well. He refused to blame his teammates. He's easy to support. Not to mention he stepped up big time today. If only one or two other guys had stepped up with him we would've got the W.

Damn shame his own teammates can't stand him.

Never had it

So lemme see if I have comprehended this correctly. We had "culture" problems. So we bring in Buzzdick to instill a better culture. So we clearly have a problem kid in Tabb (who I acknowledge was recruited by the prior coach). He's not hacking it in the classroom and has offcourt problems. So we lie for him and say he has mono. Then we give him 2nd and 3rd chances until we finally have to do something with him when he runs afoul of the law. Then the guy who allegedly ran afoul of the law with him gets to play his senior with no repercussions. And then our AD lauds Buzzdick for how he's cleaned up the program. Have I got it now?

So true. His enthusiasm would be great if he actually added something to the team skills wise. He basically does what walk-ons are supposed to do: be a warm body in practice and cheer for the rest of the team. Except he gets a free education for it.

He's essentially one of the Duke Hustle-Fag Chest bump walk ons.... only as our highly touted freshman.... yeesh

Seems like everyone is taking shots at everyone. Devin more or less called out Overton for being a terrible backup. McKie calls out Devin for airballing (think that is the one he airballed) a free throw at a crucial time. Devin takes shots at the fan base, which is asinine when your as bad a team as this one is. Devin even called out the team for starting slow in the 2nd half every game. It would be nice if someone took the blame and just said "it was my fault". That, of course, starts with the coach.

Things are are pretty shitty right now.
Did you notice how our guys were slapping the floor and giving each other "looks" during the game. There seems to be a lot of frustration boiling up now . . . and Bzz doesn't know how to channel it.

Handling adversity when you are losing is the toughest job of a college coach. We see how Bz handles it in the media. It is not surprising his players are having difficulty handling it.

I know what the locker room speech is going to be. It is going to blame everyone else and try to get them to rally around each other. It will be the tired "us against the world" mantra.

The sad part is that the fanbase is dying to cheer for this team. It doesn't have to be the team vs. the world. Bz and Wellman created it. With their smug responses and dismissive stance towards any negative criticism. When they act as though any fans with serious concerns are fair weather.

I firmly believe that we all have key characteristics deep in us that don't really change. Bz is a blamer. Always has been and always will be. When things go bad he looks for somebody to blame.

We can see it in our players interviews that they are learning from the master.

Handling adversity when you are losing is the toughest job of a college coach. We see how Bz handles it in the media. It is not surprising his players are having difficulty handling it.

I know what the locker room speech is going to be. It is going to blame everyone else and try to get them to rally around each other. It will be the tired "us against the world" mantra.

The sad part is that the fanbase is dying to cheer for this team. It doesn't have to be the team vs. the world. Bz and Wellman created it. With their smug responses and dismissive stance towards any negative criticism. When they act as though any fans with serious concerns are fair weather.

I firmly believe that we all have key characteristics deep in us that don't really change. Bz is a blamer. Always has been and always will be. When things go bad he looks for somebody to blame.

We can see it in our players interviews that they are learning from the master.

There was a video posted earlier this season of [Redacted] telling the players that the best way to respect a good team/player is to show them no respect. Reading the comments by Devin after the Georgia Tech game don't really come as a surprise to me given statements like that by [Redacted]. These are 18-21 year olds. They are still socially maturing. Even if they hate [Redacted], they still will look to him as an adult for social cues and responses.

These are 18-21 year olds. They are still socially maturing. Even if they hate [Redacted], they still will look to him as an adult for social cues and responses.

Think about this. That's guys spend more time with [Redacted] than any other adult in their life.

Think about this. That's guys spend more time with [Redacted] than any other adult in their life.

They have non-stop first-hand experience with a complete failure of a coach.

It's going to be really interesting to see what happens over the next couple of weeks if Tuesday night's game at Cameron ends up being a blowout especially since the players will have a week to stew on it before playing again. Could be the beginnings of a [Redacted]-special long losing streak and the players already seem on edge with each other, the fans, etc. Next month could get ugly....

What an embarrassing interview given by Devin. Taking shots at the fans, your teammates, and your opponents after a game you had no business losing, and you personally played poorly in, is not a good strategy.

I don't want Devin to transfer. Without him, how could we possibly win 17-18 games this year and next year and be on the bubble for an NIT berth? Then what would be RW's new reduced goal for Buzz and his team? Participation Certificates?

So lemme see if I have comprehended this correctly. We had "culture" problems. So we bring in Buzzdick to instill a better culture. So we clearly have a problem kid in Tabb (who I acknowledge was recruited by the prior coach). He's not hacking it in the classroom and has offcourt problems. So we lie for him and say he has mono. Then we give him 2nd and 3rd chances until we finally have to do something with him when he runs afoul of the law. Then the guy who allegedly ran afoul of the law with him gets to play his senior with no repercussions. And then our AD lauds Buzzdick for how he's cleaned up the program. Have I got it now?

I'd say you guy the gist of it.

Dear Devin,

We really appreciate your heart and hustle. We also recognize your improvement through dedication and hard work. You can rest assured that we fans have not abandoned the team, and we are not going to abandon the team. After all, we are still here. We just think that Jeff [Redacted] has demonstrated insufficiencies in so many areas that he is not fit to be the head coach at Wake Forest. He needs to go. Maybe it's time to call a team meeting and go see Athletic Director Ron Wellman and explain to him that Buzz is a loser and you guys want to win. Help turn the winter of our discontent glorious by dumping this son of dork.

Thanks,

sailordeac

The best teams feed off their fans and their teammates. Duke is the prime example. This team, under [Redacted], has been determined to alienate their fans. It's obvious that's how [Redacted] has lived his life, and now he's in stilling that in these players. That is the most troubling thing, even beyond the losing. If Ron wants culture, this isn't it.

What an embarrassing interview given by Devin. Taking shots at the fans, your teammates, and your opponents after a game you had no business losing, and you personally played poorly in, is not a good strategy.

Get Spock to talk to him.

Back