• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Football Deacs in the NFL

Came here to say I was a bit sad when Dortch shouted out his high school last night instead of Wake.

As Ph said, though, the announcing crew snuck in a Wake reference during the game later on.

Dortch was treated like royalty at WF. Maybe there were hard feelings when he didn’t play in the bowl.

About a 1/3 of the NFL players name something other than their college. Wouldn't read too much into Dortch mentioning his HS (where did win a VA state championship and he was the VA player of the year).

Not sure where else to put this but who do we speculate will get drafted this year?
Perry - I've seen anywhere from 1st to 4th round.
Turner - seen early to mid rounds
What about Smenda?
Johns and Brendan Harris may get UDFA looks.

Announcing the high school was cute about ten years ago. Now it is incredibly lame. However, that is the last school from which he has graduated.

Actually think Smenda could be a decent pro with the right scheme. Masterson has been balling for the raiders and they seem to have about similar talent.

smenda plays like a block: big and not much wiggle

I always wondered what he could do as an edge rusher with a little more bulk

my biggest gripe with smenda is for a “block” he was also a poor tackler. felt like no matter what the position, the ball carrier would always end up three yards upfield after a smenda tackle.

when i watch good defensive teams (even previous wf teams), i see good defensive players stopping the ball carrier in their tracks or driving them back.

WF football in the NFL playoffs:

Bills: Boogie Basham
Bengals: Jessie Bates and Nate Gilliam (practice squad)
Chargers: Ja'Sir Taylor
Vikings: Luiji Vilain
Seahawks: KW3 and Phil Haynes

See Roberson and Bachman have both signed reserve/future deals with Rams and Texans respectively after spending the last few weeks of the year on their practice squads. Guess this mostly means they liked them enough to lock them up for camps next year.

That's good news. Bachman seemed on the fence about sticking with football when he got cut.

Back