• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Frank Beamer

Saw that coming. Very wise for him to do that. He just doesn't have the energy anymore, and things are falling apart. And recruiting will be tough with the rumors that he won't be there much longer. They are still decent, have a decent team, and not close to full rebuilding. It is a VERY good job for whoever gets it.

Best for him and for VT
He knew it was time...........so many coaches don't

Any guess on who his replacement will be?

I mean Bud Foster is an obvious candidate. Whether that's a good idea or not is up for grabs.
Winters from JMU (late of UNC) has been mentioned.

I hear Grobe is available. Caldwell will be too.

Mark Richt????

VT should be happy to get him and many at UGA would be glad to have him go

Richt would be more likely to go to the U, his alma mater

if he were to leave.

The U is a much much much better job than VT. They aren't even comparable.

Don't really agree. Miami's stadium situation and fan support (or lack thereof) are huge problems.

If you are going to be allowed to get away with cheating, Miami is a better job. If the administration continues to keep the clamps on the program to avoid another Shapiro situation, VT is at least as good of a job, if not better.

Miami is a frontrunner's town. If they were a top ten team, those seats would be filled. Granted it's easier to fill VT because what else are you going to do in SWVA?

Looking over the top VA recruits, not seeing many VA and VT commits. That has to be concerning to both ADs

Not in the last decade it's not. The U has no fans, very weak booster support, they aren't nearly as popular as they used to be among high school kids (at least judging from the gear high school kids wear in Florida) and the NCAA gives the program a daily rectal exam. VT has great fans and improving facilities. Somebody could do a lot in Blacksburg. The U is history.

I think I prefer the VT job to South Carolina or Miami. Solid football school, facilities, history, fan support. Enough quality recruits in the 757 and nearby. ACC Coastal is a nice place to live too.

I think I prefer the VT job to South Carolina or Miami. Solid football school, facilities, history, fan support. Enough quality recruits in the 757 and nearby. ACC Coastal is a nice place to live too.

I took my Praxis exam (teacher licensure test) up there during their spring scrimmage game. The stadium was packed for their scrimmage game. It was nuts. That's fan support!

Mark Richt????

VT should be happy to get him and many at UGA would be glad to have him go

Richt has the #1 QB in the nation coming in next year. I doubt he's going anywhere.

Richt has the #1 QB in the nation coming in next year. I doubt he's going anywhere.

Recruiting has never been Richt's, or UGA's, problem. If UGA stays with Richt, it won't be because of a single recruiting class, much less a single recruit.

Last edited:
Back