• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Highest median household income ever ($59,039) in 2016

You're so right. We are so out touch with the mindset of the original framers and their time of slavery, indentured servititude, and literal witch hunts.

Ask voters around the country today, you guys lost to Donald Trump, Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell.

There's no reason to rely on original intent from 1776 unless the desire is to return to 1776.

Why not just rewrite it if we are not going to be bound by the original intent.

I am sure all the smart people we have today would come up with something far better than those old tired white guys.

Why not just rewrite it if we are not going to be bound by the original intent.

I am sure all the smart people we have today would come up with something far better than those old tired white guys.

By all means, let's turn the Constitution over to a bunch of still-wet-behind-the-ears 25-year old guys who graduated from WF a couple of years ago and are solidly convinced that they are the brainiest people in the world.

Leave it just the way it is and provide good well-funded services to Americans through progressive taxation. :noidea:

What is the downside of that?

Leave it just the way it is and provide good well-funded services to Americans through progressive taxation. :noidea:

What is the downside of that?

We'll need just one change. Here:

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, secure the blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, provide Good, well-funded Services, to Americans through progressive Taxation, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

There. And I did it on my lunch hour. Next?

We'll need just one change. Here:

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, secure the blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, provide Good, well-funded Services, to Americans through progressive Taxation, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

There. And I did it on my lunch hour. Next?

it was already covered in there, no need for your additions. Enjoy your lunch

hell yes i advocate several revisions to keep up with the current world, not the world it was written in.

What's interesting is they wrote the Constitution to allow for revisions.

You're so right. We are so out touch with the mindset of the original framers and their time of slavery, indentured servititude, and literal witch hunts.

and just imgine going back 10,000 years from 1776!

good point. well something needs to make it slightly easier to amend it because it's woefully dated. I don't think any of the framers ever imagined a political situation like we have today.

Sure. So you don't have to make up "living and breathing" nonsense. You just have to be persuasive if you want to change it.

good point. well something needs to make it slightly easier to amend it because it's woefully dated. I don't think any of the framers ever imagined a political situation like we have today.

1861 is on the phone for you.

Will there ever be another constitutional convention?

When will the 28th Amendment be passed?

I can't imagine it will happen any time soon with the level of current polarization.

Back