• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

IRS "loses" Lois Lerner e-mails from illegal targeting scandal

Why do you think they were circumventing the rules? There are many species of 501(c) orgs. If you want to whine about the law as written, we can start with the idea that COLLEGE FOOTBALL doesn't pay taxes.

But when you have rules, enforce them evenly. We have to go over this?

because I think they are political and organized with the sole objective of advancing political agendas. The spirit of the rule - I think I understand - is for them to pay taxes. So they have masqueraded as non-political in their nomenclature to fool the IRS.

The scandal here is that in doing their job, the IRS tagged certain words like 'progressive' and 'freedom' to identify organizations up to this charade and made them fill out a longer questionnaire on which they could bullshit the IRS some more.

And you are really upset about this. Not that political organizations were shirking their civic responsibility to pay taxes, but that your team was allegedly slighted in this cockamamie little dance.

Last edited:
I thought it was generally accepted by anyone who could read that these organizations were political and therefore not qualified for tax-exemption, and that this whole thing is a charade.

You believe these organizations - on either side- are not political?

Wait, now I need a scorecard. Why don't you get up with your buddy RJ and ask him why "all of thee conzuhrvatev orgs where upproved!!!!111111111JUANJUANJUANBUSHBUSHBUSH"? I need to sift the current apologies from the superseded excuses.

because I think they are political and organized with the sole objective of advancing political agendas. The spirit of the rule - I think I understand - is for them to pay taxes. So they have masqueraded as non-political in their nomenclature to fool the IRS.

The scandal here is that in doing their job, the IRS tagged certain words like 'progressive' and 'freedom' to identify organizations up to this charade and made them fill out a longer questionnaire on which they could bullshit the IRS some more.

And you are really upset about this. Not that political organizations were shirking their civic responsibility to pay taxes, but that your team was allegedly slighted in this cockamamie little dance.

Am I? Why must you guys seek to speak for conservatives on this board? Afraid to actually listen?

Wait, now I need a scorecard. Why don't you get up with your buddy RJ and ask him why "all of thee conzuhrvatev orgs where upproved!!!!111111111JUANJUANJUANBUSHBUSHBUSH"? I need to sift the current apologies from the superseded excuses.

What in the hell are you talking about, Red? I'm talking the organizations on both sides gaming the system.

Am I? Why must you guys seek to speak for conservatives on this board? Afraid to actually listen?

I don't know man, you seem upset. :noidea:

I'm listening my good friend. I have read every post you have made. You have my undivided attention.

Sorry, the RW echo chamber of which you are a lifetime subscriber is all aflutter about this and their little henchman is holding hearings and pimply republicans who get rich in finance and have never worked 72 hours straight rebuilding a server of any kind (or on anything else for that matter) have become armchair Exchange admins over this...

Pretty sure the IRS looked into conservative and liberal groups on this based on the link I posted earlier. Seems like Isa and the Republicans want to make it seem like conservative groups were the only ones targeted.

Sorry, the RW echo chamber of which you are a lifetime subscriber is all aflutter about this and their little henchman is holding hearings and pimply republicans who get rich in finance and have never worked 72 hours straight rebuilding a server of any kind (or on anything else for that matter) have become armchair Exchange admins over this...

We don't all look alike.

Pretty sure the IRS looked into conservative and liberal groups on this based on the link I posted earlier. Seems like Isa and the Republicans want to make it seem like conservative groups were the only ones targeted.

That's a good summary.

Actually, isn't that exactly one of the problems with your party?

I always forget that white liberals have decided to reserve for themselves to power to determine when other people forfeit their ethnicity by not thinking like you think they should.

Actually, isn't that exactly one of the problems with your party?

Nah, they have that one black guy who is a Dr. or something and a half Indian dude down South somewhere.

I always forget that white liberals have decided to reserve for themselves to power to determine when other people forfeit their ethnicity by not thinking like you think they should.

Do you believe that there are so few minority Republicans because liberals don't let minorities think for themselves?

Do you believe that there are so few minority Republicans because liberals don't let minorities think for themselves?

Have you seen what happens when an African-American identifies as a conservative? You don't even have to leave the pages of these boards. #unclethomas

xgicsh.png

You answered my question with a question. Please provide a suitable answer.

And since I'm charitable, I'll answer your question. They get a spot on FoxNews or any other news outlet because they stand out. If I didn't care about my principles, I'd do that in a second. No question, if I started a conservative blog, I'd get TV spots within a year.

stacey-dash.jpg

I can't be mad at you, Stacey.

Have you seen what happens when an African-American identifies as a conservative? You don't even have to leave the pages of these boards. #unclethomas

Approximately four times.

So we are all in agreement that these groups - ON BOTH SIDES, bitches - are gaming the system? goddamn I hope we can all at least agree on that.

Approximately four times.

LOL at that. I know you know better. There is no uglier contempt in politics than that many white liberals display towards black conservatives. I mean..., just watch.

LOL at that. I know you know better. There is no uglier contempt in politics than that many white liberals display towards black conservatives. I mean..., just watch.

I know, it would be like Conservatives having open contempt for gay liberals.

Back