• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jeopardy Fans Angry at Chu

Was Sofi the chick last night? Blew the Daily Double question about the BVI even though she knew the answer, then gave away 2nd place by betting all her $$ in Final Jeopardy when all she had to do was bet enough to block the guy in 3rd place.

Yep. Too #nervous.

man he killed it again last night...and that was one of the most dominant first rounds ever. I saw that Ken Jennings has the record, though.

that might've been the easiest Final Jeopardy I've ever seen

man he killed it again last night...and that was one of the most dominant first rounds ever. I saw that Ken Jennings has the record, though.

that might've been the easiest Final Jeopardy I've ever seen

Yeah what an easy final question.

He made those two other people who were clearly smart look like chumps.

They all did terribly on the women in sports category!

The last two nights are the first time I've watched jeopardy in a long time. The show has gotten too easy.

Padraig was hilarious

HOW DID HE MISS THE HAIRSPRAY QUESTION???

Also, Alex's convos remind me of Bill Murray talking to John Candy in Stripes. "Remember that time with that cow? And when you made it w/ the cow? I wanna party w/ you cowboy." The stories are always SO lame.

Today first round was the easiest set of questions I've ever seen.

Chu is unstoppable. And has balls of steel... All in again for over 8 grand and crushes it without breaking a sweat.

The chick today was almost smart enough to beat him but NOPE.

Didn't think of Biebs have 5 albums already, jeezus

Why did he wager 7k on that last daily double? Wouldn't the game have been over if he just risked 200 there?

After he missed Earl Warren and the the Saints question, he really took over.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

chumadbro1.png

Daily Double hunting is a good strategy both to increase your own score and keep your opponents from increasing theirs. If you get the DD, you can double your money big time, as Chu did with his $8,000 DD. Conversely, even if you don't know, the small bet ($5) costs you almost nothing, but keeps your opponents from making a big leap. DD and final Jeopardy are the only two times you can increase your money by more than $2000. There is only a total of $54,000 minus the two DD question values that can be won before Final. If you get ahead by more than twice your nearest opponent...you win before Final. It eliminates the possibility of being good and then losing because you don't know the answer to one question. If you're not ahead by that much, it still can give you a nice cushion.

I can't figure out how Jeopardy is still going strong. Nobody I know has watched it in probably fifteen years, around the time the categories turned totally gimmicky and stupid. Trebek is an okay dude, but it's time to put this show out to pasture.

I don't trust anybody that doesn't watch Jeopardy at least occasionally.

yeah my parents watch it together every night

it's romantic in some nerdy sort of way

We don't watch it every night, but if we're in front of the tv at 7:30 it's probably on.

Back