• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Late week mafia- Game Over- Mafia Wins

Tejas - Was out of the gate clearing me and fingering Doof. Knight keyed on that and voted for Doof, which Tejas followed. I don't like it. I think that made him #3 on Doofus. Interacted with Knight about his Doof comment, saying it felt forced. Got called out by Knight for switching to Townie. Was hard on townie for showing up at deadline.

I laid it all out there from just the D1 posts and chose to ignore it for Gooner...

I explained that over like a million posts. I was clearly wrong, but it's not like I think you're mafia and lead a charge against you every single game like Gooner does against me.

I have no idea how to read you either. Youre sharp though and a good player

Don't care what Damo says. I don't like what happened at the start.

think consensus on this in deadchat is that it's not cheating or a big deal, but just PM a mod if you have a question

anyway big props to tejas, i doubt i would have found him either. his play as the lone mafia left was stellar the last couple days.

think consensus on this in deadchat is that it's not cheating or a big deal, but just PM a mod if you have a question

Yeah even if it was honest, there is a correct way to handle it so that 1/3rd of the game isn't people yelling about it

Gooner and Rommy can't read a lot of people apparently.

Rommy read me at Level 2 on the fake cop claim; and, in effect, analyzed Tejas on that level.

Damo, Tejas, and I were actively orchestrating posts in mafia chat. The amount of thought that went into our day 2 was insane.

Knight why didnt you guilty tejas instead of damo? Just curious. Damo played it about as well as it could be played I think and it obviously worked - but you had several civs that would have lynched you there even without a counterclaim I think

I love Damo, but I didn't think he'd do as well in the end game. bym was always going to be against him, and we needed bym in the end.

Like, I'm not shitting you guys when I say that on the morning of Day 2, we mapped out the entire game. We wanted bym, jman, X, and Tejas.

It even factored in to suicide damo into the BG. Numbers got better and we avoided a potentially catastrophic scenario where Damo catches a doofus investigation.

I know I was last one standing, but we actually talked all of this through midway through day 1 when Knight was headed to lynch. and we talked through how we would interact and where to vote, etc

Hey Knight, can you explain your clear of damo? It looks like I bad read to me, but I'd like to hear what you have to say.

And why did everyone hate this post after both damo and knight came back dead but no one hated it at the time? Several people agreed that it was horrible. I was thinking, "Huh?"

giphy.gif

Rommy read me at Level 2 on the fake cop claim; and, in effect, analyzed Tejas on that level.

Damo, Tejas, and I were actively orchestrating posts in mafia chat. The amount of thought that went into our day 2 was insane.

See knight the thing you have to know about civs is that they have no information at the start of a game.

cool to read it was so heavily orchestrated

the last two mafs i've been in with eagles, rommy, etc. the general consensus has been "just act the same way you would if you were a civ trying to figure out the game" and little else

just saying there were other plays available to your team and you didn't win because of the fake cop gambit, that's results-oriented

it is one of the better fake claim victories we've had this season. eagles was the last one to come close.

I really should have saved the mafia chat.

I agree that we didn't win solely because of the fake cop play - but without it, we have a heckin' rough road to play. Remember, the fake cop play outted all the civ specials at the cost of me (dead man walking from Day 1 forward) and Damo (permavote from bym, and a string to Tejas).

We couldn't kill bym - we were out of shots. We knew we'd have to kill Doofus and Doofus' investigation.

the last two mafs i've been in with eagles, rommy, etc. the general consensus has been "just act the same way you would if you were a civ trying to figure out the game" and little else

to be fair, act yourself is normally how mafia teams I have been with in past have worked. A lot of this came out of the reality that we couldnt lose a mafia day 1. So we had to orchestrate at that point

Fake cop claims are fun because a ton can happen. I kind of miss peak poetry days where civs fake claim BG as vanilla draw hits and all kinds of other crazy shit.

gg to mafia, I hate you all, especially Tejas

***JMan***

Just gonna go ahead and proxy my vote for Eagles game next week

to be fair, act yourself is normally how mafia teams I have been with in past have worked. A lot of this came out of the reality that we couldnt lose a mafia day 1. So we had to orchestrate at that point

Agree with this.

Also, when you roll up Knight, Damo, and Tejas for a 3 man mafia team, you're looking at that going, "Ok, how the fuck do we get to end game with this abortion. Damo is going to get got, and Knight is going to fly off the handle....options? Ideas?"

Back