• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Liberty @ WF - Saturday 9/17 5 pm - ACCN

We’re not asking you to attend Liberty or share our biblical beliefs, just simply play a football game.
To clarify though, you are asking Hugh Freeze to share your biblical beliefs, right? As in, this guy shares your biblical beliefs:

I guess that maybe he does share your beliefs, because you are the university that has become well known for stories like this:

Liberty University is a reprehensible political institution for hateful evangelical Christian fascism. I don’t even give a shit about the Falwell’s hypocrisy. The political and cultural goals of the university are terrible and the world would be better off if Liberty University never existed.

Here we go with the "but we got rid of Falwell and Kirk and even renamed a building" Liberty argument - and this one filled to the brim with judgment and finger-pointing.

You can spare us all the indignant, holier-than-thou nonsense. Maybe if Liberty gets $50M out of the Falwell lawsuits it'll offset the other dozen or so lawsuits they're facing for forced conversion therapy, sexism, rape denials, racism, fraud, and sexual misconduct. Such a Christian powerhouse from which to lob all that criticism, you've really reached a pinnacle of self-awareness.

Shut up and play football, hopefully for the last time against Wake Forest or any other respectable institution.

You do realize Falwell Jr was fired and is no longer affiliated with the school. In fact, he’s barred from campus.
Good on you for stepping into the lion's den, so to speak. As you've noticed, this is not like other heavily-moderated boards. I don't think the reaction you're getting on here is any different than what the alumni of UNC, Duke, or similar schools are actually thinking. So, you're welcome for the honesty.

As to Liberty University, your founder blamed 9/11 on gay people and secular schools - a product of the First Amendment but no big deal - and said that they were "probably deserved." This wasn't 250 years ago, it was in 2001. You have "science" professors teaching young earth creationism and Noah's flood as history. It's a joke. Moreover, it's a big expensive joke to the gullible who spend/borrow $40,000 a year to attend that institution, while the guys running it are laughing all the way to the bank, pants unzipped. But the absolute worst aspect of your so called university is that it is a breeding ground for the neo-fascism that we see rising all over the country.

I hope we win by 100. But the fact that we are even acknowledging the existence of Liberty and allowing them to play a game at Wake and on the ACC Network is a loss.

Liberty University is a reprehensible political institution for hateful evangelical Christian fascism. I don’t even give a shit about the Falwell’s hypocrisy. The political and cultural goals of the university are terrible and the world would be better off if Liberty University never existed.
It’s also a diploma mill in the absolute worst sense. I’m a professor and they don’t even teach my subject in any sort of objective way. Fake school with fake degrees. Everyone just comes out with a major in bigotry. Sadly, because they will literally let anyone in, I think it may have the most students in the country with all of its fake online programs.

My biggest take away from all of that is that you can make opinions about fan bases as a whole based from morons (myself included) on internet message boards. 🤣

Liberty is responsible for getting Trump elected – Falwell embraced him and his endorsement got evangelicals on board. Liberty is an awful institution that holds its hometown hostage and many reasonable people who live there (like my in-laws) despise that institution and everything it stands for. They use their students to help shape city politics by voting in droves. It gives their town a black eye because it's become synonymous with the school when in reality the school is south of the city near the airport surrounded by big box stores and shitty chain restaurants and has nothing in common with the rest of the city. Fuck Liberty.

Liberty is responsible for getting Trump elected – Falwell embraced him and his endorsement got evangelicals on board. Liberty is an awful institution that holds its hometown hostage and many reasonable people who live there (like my in-laws) despise that institution and everything it stands for. They use their students to help shape city politics by voting in droves. It gives their town a black eye because it's become synonymous with the school when in reality the school is south of the city near the airport surrounded by big box stores and shitty chain restaurants and has nothing in common with the rest of the city. Fuck Liberty.

Spoken like a true Boonsboro CC elite !

Shit, man, is Falwell really worth 100 million?

We’ve played you guys in other sports for years (baseball comes to mind) and guess what, the sky hasn’t fallen.

All these self righteous comments coming from fans of the school that actually SOLD SLAVES. Your school sold another individual to help fund building your school. Posters calling Liberty out for teaching the THEORY of evolution along side of creationism when your school sold people.

https://srmp.wfu.edu/to-stand-with-and-for-humanity/an-apology/

I would send my diploma back if I were you.

I usually visit the message boards of opposing teams and congrats, you’ve made the top 5 most intolerant fan base. The same kinda things you accuse Liberty of is littered all over this board.

We’re not asking you to attend Liberty or share our biblical beliefs, just simply play a football game. I’ve not read one insightful thought on the actual game. Obviously this board allows a lot of trash talk and trust me, Liberty fans have developed thick skin over the years, but let’s not forget which university was built on the back of slaves. That would be Wake.

In regards to the game I think Wake plays well and will likely win by 2-3 td’s. We’ve not been tested by a throwing qb yet. Both USM and UAB were run heavy teams. If Liberty has any hope of staying in the game, it’ll be the play of our D line. We’re very talented there with 7-8 guys that rotate in. If we can’t get a push in the middle and stop that slow mesh that Wake runs so well, it’ll be a long day for Liberty. We’re hoping to get our starting rb back this week. He’s missed the first couple weeks with a nagging injury.

I’m hopeful you guys are looking ahead to next week and allows us to stay close into the second half.
Any thoughts on this?
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ts-school-handles-reports-sexual-assault.html

We’ve played you guys in other sports for years (baseball comes to mind) and guess what, the sky hasn’t fallen.

All these self righteous comments coming from fans of the school that actually SOLD SLAVES. Your school sold another individual to help fund building your school. Posters calling Liberty out for teaching the THEORY of evolution along side of creationism when your school sold people.

Wake Forest has not sold slaves during any of our lifetimes. If you can't see how that's different than the discussion we are having about Liberty, who is currently doing the things we are talking about, then that is on you.

It's a classic "whataboutism" that not a single person on this board is dumb enough to fall for. Take that garbage somewhere else.

Yeah Wake has tried to make amends for this, don't think Liberty has done anything about its shittiness other than can Falwell, but they're still rolling along doing what they do.

Your founder's driving purpose in life was to stop the civil rights movement. Also, our campus was built in like 1950. Pretty sure no slaves were involved.

You know if Liberty was around when slavery is legal they would have sold slaves like every other Southern institution.

Weird to post an apology as a gotcha.

Back