• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 14: VT Hokies @ LJVM - Saturday Noon - Regional Sports Networks

I wonder if this was the guy sitting next to me (From Techsideline) :

"I was there too. I rarely have an opinion on refs. But today was really bad. VT wasn't allowed any aggression on the defensive end but Wake held and grabbed anyone in a VT jersey when they tried to cut or move away from the ball."​

I just got home from the game. I thought VPI played outstanding defense in general, especially against Cam. They effectively denied entry passes to Marsh. Monsanto was pretty bad early on which led to his benching and Klintman's increased playing time.

There were way too many Hokies in the Joel. The Hokie next to me (in a wake fan's season ticket seat) bitched about every call against them and thought we committed around 40 fouls. I would have said something to him, but he had his 4 +/- old daughter with him.
I called a UNC fan at the football game a classless bitch to her face even though she had her young daughter with her. It was probably the cleanest thing her daughter heard an adult say all night.

Mike Young started to complain about the refs during the postgame press conference but stopped and said he’d get in trouble

Hildreth hasn't earned the hate from some posters but I wouldn't argue against some Bradford not hate but he just isn't suited for us. Do we bring him back for his senior year knowing he is probably going to be the same player and help us little or get another transfer or project?

Hildreth hasn't earned the hate from some posters but I wouldn't argue against some Bradford not hate but he just isn't suited for us. Do we bring him back for his senior year knowing he is probably going to be the same player and help us little or get another transfer or project?

He’s a big body. Let’s see what he can do after a summer working on his game (in addition to his body, which was his focus last summer).

Believe me, I watched a ton of josh. I’m an 03 grad after all.

I’m not saying Cam is a poor man’s NBA all star Josh. I’m saying he’s a poor man’s college Josh, particularly compared to the period before Josh became a reliable offensive weapon.

They are both great defenders, great rebounders, have above average handles for the 3, good passers, have that chip on their shoulder, and can score. They both fill up the stat sheet and make the team better without the ball in their hands.

Hildreth’s stats this year compare pretty well to Howard’s sophomore season stats. But Howard was on a better team and was already a better overall player and shooter (although Cam is like 10% better from the line so there is that).

Definitely true that if he could make a legit shooting ability leap over the next two years Cam will be a very memorable player for us.

I’d say “Poor Man’s JHo as a sophomore” is very accurate.

He’s a big body. Let’s see what he can do after a summer working on his game (in addition to his body, which was his focus last summer).

Yeah. I don’t know why I thought he was a grad transfer. He’s got time and room to improve. He just needs to play 5-10 good minutes.

Bradford also has 2 more years of eligibility after this season.

This.

Hildreth is asked to handle the ball too much because the only other player that can is Appleby. Willamson and Monsanto are both 2’s and can’t create their own shot.

For whatever reason Forbes has not recruited a true point guard(s). As a result, Hildreth is being asked to play out of position which is exposing parts of his game.
Gotta be a troll because this sentence is ridiculous.

VT has moved down to #32 on NET so this is a Q2 win for now. Wake fans should be cheering for VT the rest of the way. obviously, the UNC game on Wednesday is pretty big. they have had their struggles, but they are still going to be a top 75 team at the end of the season. Win on Wednesday and you are going to have 4 Q1/Q2 wins before January 5th. Deacs had five on Selection Sunday last year.

Back