• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 20: Pitt Panthers @ The Petersen Events Center - Wednesday - 7 pm - ACCN

I don't know about you guys, but when I was a college student, I would make sure to have as much pressure as possible by procrastinating then cramming for the Final. Have any of you bozos ever considered that this squad might play better in the ACCT with more on the line?

I don't know about you guys, but when I was a college student, I would make sure to have as much pressure as possible by procrastinating then cramming for the Final. Have any of you bozos ever considered that this squad might play better in the ACCT with more on the line?

this approach has worked wonderfully over the past 28 years!

Not a perfect system by any means, but Torvik has Wake at 57% to make it if we win tonight and 20% if we lose.

Underlines the importance.

Not a perfect system by any means, but Torvik has Wake at 57% to make it if we win tonight and 20% if we lose.

Underlines the importance.
Do we have to win by an even number for the metrics to improve, or will an odd number suffice?

If I were betting against the Deacs tonight (I'm not), it would be due to the 9 day layoff... Teams coming back from a "bye" in the ACC this year have been no bueno.

Perhaps that's the angle?

Meh, the only two of those losses that are somewhat surprising is Duke vs Pitt and Pitt vs Cuse.

The rest are just the better and/or home teams winning

Lord, we need this one tonight. This is a team that SHOULD win. We have height. We have shooting. We have speed. We used to have grit, where we could pull out a win after facing adversity. Gotta pull all this together now for the rest of the season. Find the key, boys. LET'S GO! LET'S FUCKING GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

I’m hoping I got all of my emotional fandom out after the sad UNC game and I’m going to watch tonight like a normal, casual fan. 😬

Looks like Pitt is a fairly long team with more traditional 2 guards and then good size and depth at the forward and center positions. A long team on the road hasn't worked out so well for the Deacs so far, but maybe they aren't as athletic and quick as NCSU and FSU???

They play two freshman guards, Carlton Carrington and Jaland Lowe, which is unusual for Power V teams in this day and age. Both are improving.

I don't have high hopes for us making a lot of shots with our guards at the rim and short/mid range based on their block numbers.

Need some accuracy shooting tonight from deep.

I’ve been watching highlights against Florida, RU, BC, Miami, and Virginia all week. Come on I want another win

Back